Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"You could never," Farkle says, putting his hand to his chest, pretending to be offended.

"You should have put that you were in a relationship with Farkle," Smackle says rolling her eyes and smiling.

Riley, Lucas, and I all exchange glances and at the same time we all burst into laughter.

They both just stare at us like they want to die.

"Ok how about we continue the game," Farkle says, his cheeks slightly pink.

I mean, I kind of feel bad but at the same time that was amazing.

"Truth or dare, Riley?" Zay asks.

That was quick.

"Dare."

I was not expecting that, I must say.

"I dare you to sing something, without music. It has to be the full song though and you are the only one singing," Zay says.

I'm not going to lie, I think I'm an okay singer, but this dare would kill me. That would be really awkward.

"What song?" Riley asks, seeming fairly confident.

"I have no idea," Zay says.

"Do I just pick one?" Riley asks.

"Yeah, go ahead," he responds.

It takes Riley awhile to pick a song, but then she starts singing Cancer by My Chemical Romance.

If I was sitting in a chair right now, I would have fell out of it.

When she finishes, I raise my hand.

"What? Was it bad?" she asks.

"No, not at all. I just... I wanted to know... how do you know that song?" I ask.

She gives me a small grin and says, "I know more music than you think, Maya."

"I don't even know what that song was," Zay says.

Of course he doesn't; I doubt anyone else does either.

"Did anyone know it besides Maya?" Riley asks with a slight laugh. Everyone shakes their head like they have been defeated. Riley laughs again then holds up her hand to give me a high five.

"Lucas, truth or dare?" Riley asks.

"Wait, aren't you going to tell us what the song was?" Lucas asks.

"I will send a link in the group chat," Riley says. Lucas nods.

"Ok, well dare," he says.

"I dare you... to go sit in the bathroom for ten minutes," she says.

What the heck?

"Wait what? Just sit in there?" he asks.

"No. I want you to put this on," she says as she stands up. She walks over to her table and picks up a bag. She hands it to him and he looks at it with a confused look.

"It's makeup," Riley says.

"You want me to put this on?" he asks.

"Yes."

"I only have ten minutes?" he asks with a small laugh. Riley nods her head and points to the door. Lucas stands up and walks out the door, closing it behind him.

"I'm setting a timer!" she shouts.

"This is going to be amazing," Riley says.

"Wait he didn't dare anybody anything," I say.