ー N I G H T M A R E S ー

" don't come close me, i'm just
a horrible nightmare waiting
to happen. "

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

her heart beated so fast because of all the running.

she gasped for fresh air but as she looked back, the dark smoke was already behind her.

she found herself standing there, she couldn't run or shout, she just stand there and stared at the dark smoke.

as the dark smoke slowly faded, a figure came out.

it was another her.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

li hua shot open her eyes. her room ceiling is the first thing she saw.

she sat up from the bed and could feel sweats around her forehead and her shirt was basically wet because of her sweats.

she had been having the same nightmare for weeks. nightmares. she wouldn't really consider something like that as a dream.

li hua ruffled her hair and walked out from her room. her father was sleeping and snoring loudly on the sofa with cans of beer around.

li hua sighed. her father has been in this kind of condition ever since her mother divorced with him and he lost his job.

li hua sat on another sofa and stared at those empty walls that used to have their family photos. her father had throw them away ever since the divorcing.

and then, everything changed.

her father started losing focus on work and even hit somebody until they got into the hospital. and soon, he lost his job.

li hua became the one going out to do some part time jobs, just to earn some money for their living and her school fees.

she thought her father would appreciate it and could become better, but her father was just getting worse.

he started drinking beer, and then he always got back home drunken. in that drunken status, he started hitting up li hua as a source of him pouring out his madness.

li hua rolled up her sheelves and stared down at her hand. bruises and wounds all over it.

i will get out of this hell one day. li hua thought.

she looked up from her hand and stared at her father. anger and disappointment flooded over her mind.

as she continued staring at her father, she saw some blur images slowly forming in front of her eyes.

li hua rubbed her eyes and stared at the images. it was the time when her mother said that she wanted a divorce.

her father muttered a few words and his eyebrow almost sticking together. li hua looked up to the images and saw her father kneeling down wanting to get her back but it was useless.

the images soon changed into a scene where he was beaten by some people outside.

her father whimpered in pain and held his whole body together.

li hua sat there as she watched the images disappeared as smoke and faded in the air.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪