Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I'm afraid the chapters may be shorter here on out... Further elaboration at the bottom.

I apologize for any grammar errors that I have made! Read and Review!
Disclaimer: My mind's blank... But that's another good reason as to why I shouldn't own either Fairy Tail or Kuroko no Basuke

Earth~

"Oi! Heartfilia! Get up already!" She heard Aomine call out to her. But at the moment, she really couldn't care less. "Come on! We have to play here!" He said. She just groaned in her sleep angrily. "Okay, I ain't got time for this." He then finally said.

Lucy, too tired to even care, felt someone grab the collar of her shirt and drag her off somewhere. "Daisuki-chan..." She grumbled irritated.

The sound of a basketball hitting something close to her sounded and made her crack her eye open, to see Aomine standing with a tight grip on her shirt and an angry mark on his face, the aftermath of a basketball hitting his face. "Ow! Tetsu for fuck sake!" He said and rubbed his face.

In her hazy, sleepy state, she saw Kuroko approaching them. Without any words, he swatted Aomine off Lucy and instead helped the now half-awake girl to the benches. "Thanks Kuro-kun." She thanked him, the haze lifting from her mind. She caught Aomine's gaze as Kuroko went back to the court and stuck her tongue out at him, as the team began training.

A few months had passed since she told the guild about her... Condition. And although some people thought it was funny how she would just disappear when she felt asleep, and therefore drugged her through the food she was served, this also ended after the first week. She'd been on a few missions with Team Natsu too, so she could pay her rent, and much to her own excitement had she managed to avoid getting knocked out. The injuries were another story though.

Her training with Gajeel had also progressed. While they were still doing what they always had been, the level was set up for Lucy. He had even promised her they'd soon be progressing it again, and when that happened, he told her he'd kidnap her for a week and do some intensive training before they returned again. She was torn between really looking forward to it, and being scared of what the Iron Dragon Slayer might have in store for her.

At Earth, Kuroko had finally developed and practiced his own style of playing, so much so he had been accepted to the 1st string even.

His whole style was based on his speed and his next to non-existent presence, and being able to redirect the focus elsewhere. Kuroko had never been very good at scoring a goal, but his precision when passing the ball was phenomenal. He seemed like nothing more than a blue lightning, when he jumped in between players who were passing the ball, and redirected it to one of his own.

Of course, his style didn't work out well when they were just training shots, as he would be far below average there, but once he was in an actual game, his skills really flourished. It really was a style, where he was dependent on the other players, he couldn't just do it alone. Alas, as his strong point wasn't scoring goal, sometimes when the others were doing that, Lucy had offered to step in and do some exclusive training with Kuroko, focused on his style of playing. Sometimes Momoi would join as well, but it wasn't always, as she also had to keep an eye on everyone else's progression.

Gradually, as time had passed and Lucy had helped Kuroko more and more, she would be asked to play the unmoving defense when they were practicing scoring points, as it would be ridiculous to use a whole player on that position, when they had an extra person sitting at the sidelines. She hadn't been asked to do the moving defense as of yet, as usually it would be because said players also needed to practice their defense.