xiv. ever since new york

ابدأ من البداية

"She wanted to get away from all that happened back at home," I explained. "She gets memories of her dad."

Klay nodded understandingly. "I'm so sad for her."

"Me too." I looked at her side and lightly placed my hand above hers.

"Is Ayesha okay with this whole thing?" I heard Klay ask.

I closed my eyes in remembrance. "There's something I discovered about her, man. It's crazy."

He looked curious. "She cheating or something?"

"Not at all," I quickly answered. "More like she's obsessive, bro. To the point that it disgusts me."

Klay smiled as if he was expecting it. "Do you really love her?"

I do. I think so. I don't know what I feel.

When I had a hard time answering, Klay shook her head at my situation.

"Should have never promised her marriage, man."

Right. I massaged my temple problematically. This was the craziest situation I've ever been in to and I might be stuck in it for the rest of my life.

"She pressured me into it," I admitted, somewhat embarrassed. "You know how grateful I am of her from being there for me. She said if I really am thankful, I should prove it. She was hinting me of asking her for marriage and I had to, you know?"

Klay shook his head in disbelief. "I don't know why y'all have to be so problematic. If you don't love her, leave. Simple. She can't force you into loving her, she's only gonna end up hurting even more."

But if I do that she'd "kill" herself and it was driving me insane.

---

"Coach." At the bus, I tried to walk towards the front to try and talk to Coach Kerr. "Can I speak with you?"

He immediately moved to give me space and I sat quickly.

"What's bothering my PG?" he asked, causing me to chuckle lightly.

"I just wanna know," I opened up. "Is it possible to get a replacement for Arzaya?"

Kerr looked at me like he was done. "Steph, we had this conversation before—"

"No, no. I mean, just a temporary replacement," I clarified. "I don't think she's mentally and physically capable of working right now."

At her state, it would be best for her to recover first before she comes back. I felt like if she continued pushing herself to work, she would lose it.

"I see." He put a hand on his chin as he thought deep. "I could try and ask Bob. They might give her a one-month leave if she really needs it."

I sighed in gratitude. "Thank you."

By the time we reached the hotel, everyone grabbed their stuff as we headed to our own hotel rooms.

As usual, Klay and I would be sharing a room. Arzaya had a room all to herself and I made sure I would accompany her there.