Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

On the Wings of Love

Warning: This special-length wedding chapter contains drunken Autobots, a dance competition

and high-grade energon galore.

Readers beware. :)

11:57am

The Marriage

----

"You're ready, then?"

Skyfire looked up in surprise when Starscream asked the question, and met his old friend's hellfire-crimson eyes with absolute and indestructible resolution as he answered. "Of course I am ready," he murmured with a soft smile, and Starscream nodded somewhat stiffly in response. "I have been ready for her since the moment I saw her... and the wait has made it all the more rewarding."

The humanised ex-Decepticon nodded again, folding his arms.

The energised Air Commander had to admit that seeing Starscream's holoform dressed up to the nines in a tuxedo was rather amusing, but he wasn't about to laugh at him - he knew that his friend's coming to terms with his potential position as 'best man' had taken a long time, and that he truly was making an enormous effort not to say something deprecating or complain about what was happening. He had looked like he was in pain for the entire morning, but he was coping marvellously.

Then again, the sudden acceptance might have been due to the fact that Jade had, supposedly, threatened him with dire things if he dared to put a foot out of line on her wedding day...

No.

Jade just wasn't like that.

"Starscream..." The fair-haired hologram looked up sulkily, but said nothing in response to his designation. "Thank you for doing this for me. I understand that this is difficult for you."

"Hmph," Starscream snorted dismissively, turning his nose up at the suggestion. "It's not difficult for me, Skyfire. Embarrassing, if anything... stupid human clothes." He tugged at his debonair jacket in apparent disgust. "But it's... tolerable. I suppose. But make sure you don't marry anyone again - I'm doing this one time only."

Skyfire nodded sincerely. "It becomes you, my friend. And fear not; I would never take another but Jade."

Starscream muttered something unintelligible, but it sounded vaguely like 'lunacy'.

Skyfire smiled slightly as he scanned the room, trying to ignore the agitation that was prickling through his holoform uncomfortably. Rose had called it 'pre-wedding jitters', and he was endeavouring to disregard them as best he could by keeping his mind on anything but Jade. He had no doubt that she would look absolutely stunning, and the idea made him feel a little weak at the knees; she looked beautiful enough as it was without somebody trying to add to her loveliness.

One of the unused parts of the base had been selected for the wedding; an enormous warehouse that had originally been intended for use as a large-scale garage and storage room. Mikaela had kept her aging Pontiac Firebird in there for what she called 'just-in-case purposes', and Leiana had a violet moped that Ironhide had brought from her home when she had first come, but they had been easy to move out.

Since the moment that the two young women had moved their respective vehicles, the room had been transformed from storehouse to ballroom. Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Sunstreaker, Arcee and Seraphim had spent the entirety of the past week making the place fit for a marriage ceremony - the floor had been coated with gleaming, glittering black, and Seraphim - a furtive artist all along - had whittled some beautiful faux icicles from glass, which had been hung from the ceiling.