Chapter 2

The next morning me and Heather went out to play in the lake like we always would. We would chase and splash each other in a game of tag or whatever we could come up with. And Twilight, our mother would watch us from the den while father would go hunt.

Heather then pounced into me, pushing me down into the water. Luckily the water wasn't that deep so I wasn't drowning or anything. "Ha!" She barked excitedly. "Get off!" I growled playfully and pushed her off. She was easily moved sense she not as tough. She growled back annoyed and then she and I ran off threw the water.

Then I noticed something off on one of the hill tops that surrounded and protected the lake. It was that black wolf again, but instead of just creepily watching us she smiled playfully. Her red eyes also weren't glowing like the night before. I smiled back to her. Then she bowed down and wagged her tail. She wanted to play. Maybe she was nice.

The Heather pushed me down again out of nowhere. "Hey!" I growled at her. "What? Aren't I spost to attack you?"

"Yea, but I noticed something." I told her. "What?" I looked up to the cliff side only to see that the wolf was gone. "What? There's nothing there?" She looked at me tilting her head. "But it was there! The black wolf!"

"Come on Echo. I'm sure it was just a shadow." She barked. "Now come on let's play!"

"Fine."