chapter 1

-
What Harry looks like on this day in EK!
Enjoy!
-
Harry's pov
-
It's the bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, the championship game, against our rival, Bishop Clarke Academy. I'm on the mound, and I stare down the batter. I throw the first pitch. Low and inside, but right on the corner.

"Strike!" The umpire calls. The East Kingstown side of McCoy Stadium cheers.

"C'mon Styles! You got this!" My best friend Emma shouts from the EK side.

I take a deep breath and get myself prepared. My catcher, Zayn Malik, gives me the sign for a curveball, outside.

I pitch the curve, and the curve is so sharp and the drop is so low, so perfect, the batter swings at just air.

"Strike two!" The umpire shouts. The stadium gets even louder. The Bishop Clarke bench looks nervous. This gives me confidence.

Zayn calls for a change up, just to fuck with the batter. I wipe my sweaty curls off my forehead and adjust my grip on the ball. I throw the perfect change up, and the BCA batter has no time to prepare.

"Strike three! Batters out!" The umpire says wildly. The East Kingstown fans rush on to the field... We won, we won...

"HARRY HARRY HARRY," the crowd cheers, but the stadium brightens its lights for some reason. Someone comes behind and shakes my shoulder...

"Harry! Harry! Harry!" My math teacher, Mr. Thomson shakes me, "Wake up!"

"What... What... What's going on?" I say groggily.

"We were going over the answers to the homework, page 187," Mr. Thomson says and laughs, "But class is almost over anyways," he says as the bell rings, "Yeah, class is over. Homework is page 189."

"Okay thanks!" I smile and I leave the room and head over to my locker on the floor above, the third floor. I walk down the hallway, it being a bit busy. EKHS has about 950 students, which is a lot for a school, in Rhode Island at least. After I climb up the stairs and get to my locker, I see it already opened and my best friend, Emma Russo, taking some stuff out of it, we share it. Emma's been my best friend since the first day of kindergarten, when she asked if she can play catch with me at recess. Also, we've lived in the same neighborhood for years together. It's funny, I'm the baseball star, and she's the softball star. It just makes sense. One problem is that some people think we are dating, but they don't know that I'm bisexual, leaning more on the guy side. Emma knows, of course, but no one else needs to know that right now.

"Hey Haz," she smiles at me and grabs our chem books. We have chem together next period, my favorite class.

"Hey Em, what's up?"

"Not much except for something exciting coming to the class of 2019!" Emma says excitedly.

"Ohhh what is ittt... Did Nialler finally ask you out?!" Emma and my other friend, Niall, like each other, but they are both too afraid to make a move on one another. The struggle is real.

"Unfortunately no," she frowns, "but anyways, we are getting a new student! He's coming in next week!"

"Really? Where's he from?" I question.

"I'm not sure yet. All I know is that he's going to be in my advisory and that he's a dude," Emma says as she waves to one of her friends who not so subtly checks me out.

"That's actually pretty cool," I open the door for her as we walk into chemistry, just a tad late.

"Russo! Styles! You're late..." Mr. Vince scolds us.

"Sorry!" We apologize in unison and sit in the back. We gossip about everyone and everything, for example, we see her ex, Bryce, in the front of the class and we talk about how much of a kinky freak he is. The shit he said to Emma, I swear to God.

If I'm honest, I'm being a hypocrite. I'm not so vanilla, if you know what I mean. But that's none of Emma's business.

Our interesting conversation is interrupted by a knock on Mr. Vince's door. The principal, Mr. Metzo, is the culprit, walking in with a boy with piercing blue eyes and a nice ass.

"Students, this is Louis Tomlinson, a student who will be enrolling into East Kingstown next week." Metzo looks around the room and smiles.

"I guess that's the new kid," Emma raises her eyebrows and looks at me slyly.

"Yeah he's wicked cute," I stare at him. His black skinny jeans, something no guys wear around here, look amazing on him, and so does that Adidas sweatshirt.

 His black skinny jeans, something no guys wear around here, look amazing on him, and so does that Adidas sweatshirt

"Today he will be shadowing one of you for half the day... Any volunteers?" Metzo asks.

Emma raises her hand right away.

Emma Russo! You win!" Metzo says, at the same time, Louis rolls his eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes.

"Louis, you can sit next to Emma and Harry," Mr. Vince points at us.

He walks over as the whole class stares at him. It's exciting when new students come into EK, because we only get around one to two new students every year, and we've all been together since 5th grade, so it's nice to see someone new.

Louis takes a seat in the middle of Emma and I. He looks at Emma for a second and smiles politely, then he looks at me and scowls.

"Oh hello there," I laugh, being surprised, "I'm Harry Styles. Welcome to East Kingstown."

"I know who you are, twat," Louis' thick British accent is almost as thick as his thighs.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, I moved here from England for a reason, bud," he scoffs and looks over the work that Emma and I have barely started.

"For me? Oh I see," I smirk.

"No, you idiot, to play baseball. And if I didn't know who you were, one of the top baseball prospects in the United States, I think that'd be a bit weird, don't you think?"

"Ah so you came to play baseball... Why? Couldn't you just play in wherever you came from?"

"You mean Doncaster? No, Harry, they don't take it seriously around there. It's all footie all the time," Louis rolls his eyes.

"Oh."

"But I wanted to tell you this" he comes closer to me so he can whisper in my ear. Low key sexy.

"I'm going to take your place as the best pitcher on this team. I'm going to be the number one prospect. So I want to warn you now, so you're not all hurt in the future," Louis says, full of ice. "You have no idea what's coming for you, Styles, enjoy your fame while it lasts."

The bell rings as he finishes that horrid lie and he gets up and walks away.

"Oh and by the way, Styles," he comes back just before him and Emma leave to go to lunch, "Stop staring at my ass. It makes me uncomfortable," Louis smiles and leaves.

What the fuck.

-
Heyyy
So that was the first chapter of strikeout!
Hopefully it wasn't too shitty...
Whatever lmao.
And yes it takes place in RI cuz RI is great tbh.
-
💕emma