Chapter 11 - Shock

Depuis le début

I put them on, and finally the world got a bit more clearer. I was near-sighted since the age of 13. I felt Andrew staring at me.

That's when I looked into his eye, "What happened to your eye, Andrew?" I said, worriedly.

"Just got into a fight, no big deal." He said, holding out his hands and showing me his bruised knuckles. "I didn't know you had glasses."

"Oh my god, Andrew, you need ice!" I exclaimed, turning to go to my freezer. I ignored his comment about my glasses, his well-being my main concern.

"No, I'm okay. This was a few days back, I'm good now."

"And you never told me?! I'm so disappointed, Andrew!" I said, then continued. "Who was it?"

"Just some guy. He's a douche. I don't want to talk about it." He said.

I opened my mouth to say something, but he beat me before I could utter a word.

"I don't want to talk about it, Sophia." He said darkly, and my mouth shut.

"O-okay." I spoke softly, feeling a bit scared. Oh. What was I thinking? Andrew would never hurt me. Stupid Sophia.

"I'm sorry, Sophia, I didn't mean to be rude." He said, coming up behind me.

He turned my around, and put me into a big hug. I softly hugged him back, feeling nothing. After my realization, I just wanted to be alone. But I wasn't rude enough to kick him out.

"It's okay." I said patting his back, and pulling back. I checked the time on the stove, and 8 minutes had passed since I put the pasta in the pot.

I stepped away from Andrew, and dumped the noodles into the strainer, about to start heating up the sauce.

"You don't mind Alfredo sauce, do you? I have tomato if you prefer that?" I asked him, and he shook his head.

"Alfredo's good." And with that, all awkward tension was gone. And we were back to being friends.

Friends? Actually no. I don't know what we were. It was like one day, we were dating. The next he was hanging with another girl. Honestly, after that date we had, it was like all chemistry we had, was sucked away into a black hole.

I never felt the urge to kiss him anymore, his hugs didn't really make my heart race. One thing that he did though, was make me laugh. No matter the occasion.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked me, right when the door burst open.

"I'M HERE, BITCH!" Dakota ran in, suitcase in tow.

"Dakota? What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her, shocked out of my mind.

"Oh so you don't want me here?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips. "I went around all of Miami, looking for this god forsaken apartment-whoever the fuck decided to have 22 different buildings the exact same shade of grey is a bitch by the way-and you're not excited to see me?" She asked, half hurt, half joking.

"Of course I'm happy you're here, I was a bit shocked. That's all." I said to her, and she looked behind me, at Andrew.

I could tell he was checking her out. Who wouldn't? With a smoking hot body (which was clad in a short skirt, cardigan, and a bandeau right now) Dakota was stunning.

"Uh. Andrew this is Dakota, my cousin, Dakota, this is Andrew, my friend." I blurted out, awkwardly.

She walked to him, and held her hand out. "Hey, Andrew. Fucked my cousin yet or nah?"

And that's when I realized she was a bit tipsy.

Andrew howled with laughter. He clasped his hand in hers and brought it up to his lips for a kiss. What the fuck? "Nope."

"Good." She replied, and walked to the couch, plopping on it.

"Sooo cousin. How's it going for ya?" She slurred, propping her legs up on the armrest of the couch.

"Good. Do you want anything to drink? Water maybe, you tipsy-"

"A shot of tequila would be great," she quipped.

I rolled my eyes, and looked at Andrew. He had an amused smile on his lips. He was just staring at Dakota, not even looking at me when I looked at him.

I saw his empty pasta plate, and placed it into the sink. He got up to sit in the living room. With Dakota.

I started to wash the dishes, faintly hearing Dakota's giggles and Andrews deep laughs. They were hitting it off nicely. And honestly, I didn't even care in the slightest. Kinda.

"Since you two are keeping each other company, I'm going to take a quick shower." I spoke, and they nodded, not even looking at me.

I took a very, very long time, not even close to quick, not even caring that my water bill was probably going to be triple the amount it is usually just with this shower. I just.. I don't know. Before I didn't feel like communicating with anyone and all of a sudden I have two random, house guests.

I got out of the bathroom, towel on my head, and pyjamas on my skin. They were no where to be seen, and my guestroom door was locked. Plus there were empty bottles of alcohol on my coffee table.

I got a bit angry, and marched to the guest room where I heard loud, and fast moans of pleasure coming from Dakota. I heard Andrews grunts, skin slapping skin, and that's when my jaw dropped.

So whatever we were starting to have, he didn't even care about it. He totally forgot about it, and was fucking my cousin. In my apartment! I thought he just thought she was funny, I didn't know he would end up screwing her! That was so fast! Oh my god.

"Oh, Andrew, your cock is so big. Oh yes, oh yes, fuck me with that gigantic.." Dakota was screaming and panting with pleasure so loudly, I guarantee my neighbours were hearing about Andrews "gigantic cock".

I was upset. Even though I realized Andrew was going to only be a friend to me, it still kind of stung. I mean, what if I was totally in love with him? Didn't he care about my feelings at all? That's my own cousin. I couldn't believe it.

I stomped back into my room, changed into a pair of black jeans, white tank-top, and grey leather jacket. I took the towel off my head, and combed my hair, deciding to let it air-dry.

I was going to leave for a while. I didn't want to hear anything regarded to sex. Since I wasn't getting any.

I don't know why I felt so upset. He was just my friend. But I guess it was just more of a blow to my ego than anything.

I grabbed my keys, and walked out, closing the door softly.

At the exact same time, I saw Ava walking out of a room just down the hall. She saw me, waved, and strutted down the hall, coming closer and closer every step.

"Oh god." I thought, as she stood in front of me now.

"O-m-g, hey Sophia what are you doing here?" She asked, in her squeaky voice. I didn't want to tell her I lived here so, I told her I was just visiting.

"Oh. Who?" Her eyes now narrowed.

"Just a friend," I said, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just came back from Tyler's room."

My eyebrows shot up to the heavens. Tyler's room? He doesn't live here? And what would she be doing with Tyler? Since when does she still talk to him? Questions were running through my mind.

"Tyler? You guys still talk?" I asked, and she nodded excitedly.

"Did you not read that wedding invitation I gave you?! He's been my fiancée for the last 2 years! We've been dating since after grad!"