Chapter 47: The Umbrella

A Love Worth Waiting For: Chapter 47- The Umbrella

***

I woke up with my laptop ringing. I checked the time to see it was 2:00 in the morning. I opened my laptop to see Nathan calling for video call. I tiptoed towards the living room so my sister won't wake up. I opened it and answered the call.

"Hey Chloe!" Nathan's voice beamed on the other side of the screen.

I yawned while rubbing my temples. Waving slightly at him.

"Uh... I'm sorry but did I wake you?" He asked full of concern.

"Slightly. But I'm fine." I replied while looking at him.

"It's like 2 am here." I replied looking at the clock I just checked earlier.

"Uh, sorry about that. This country has a different time zone than there." He replied checking his watch.

"So what made you call?" I asked looking at his virtual eyes.

"Well, I got bored and I miss it there..." he replied, me not understanding the last part since he mumbled the rest.

"Well, has anything happened?"

"Well, since I already took my exams for the last grading. My parents enrolled me for Senior Year. Since school starts different here as well." He rubbed the back of his nape.

"Wait. Then that means..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, I won't have a vacation. Though this is for my parents." He replied with a smile.

"My parents said that the faster I graduate college the faster I could take the business."

My eyes widen.

"Wait! You have a business?!"

"Well, yeah. Why would I become friends with a Ramirez sibling if I don't have connections with them?" He asked as he chuckled.

I blushed a slight pink.

"Sorry if I offended you..." I lowered my head.

"No worries... non taken. I was just kidding around."

"Well, I really should get going. It is my first day back in my home country. I need to get going and do some errands. Talk to you later Chloe!"

"Talk to you later Nathan." He ended the video call. I logged off and closed my laptop. Heading back to sleep.

***
Its feels good to lift that off my shoulders. I really needed to let those emotions out. Luckily Kira was there.

I grabbed all my stuff and inserted it inside ng purse. I grabbed the letter and placed it in my purse as well.

I grabbed Nathan's umbrella and headed out. Maybe it'll rain.

I let out a sigh. What if I'm not ready to meet Tyrone yet?

What if he wasn't the person I expected him to be?

I shook all those 'what if' questions out of my head. It is currently 12:00 in the afternoon, so I decided to get sushi. All I did was walk around town.

I entered the restaurant and ordered sushi and noodles. I grabbed chopsticks and started eating the noodles taking a bite of my sushi every once and a while.

My father taught me how to eat with chopsticks when I was a kid. Mom would often be at work so my dad often took my sisters and I took a Japanese restaurant.

***

I payed for my meal and headed out the door. I crossed the street. Passed a couple of blocks and then there was the park. I held tightly on the strap of my purse as I let in a huge breath.