ch. 3 | ✧

Clarissa boarded the train and looked around for a compartment. Most were already pretty full, but finally she was able to find an empty one for her and her twin.

"Your welcome, you dumb oaf." Clarissa said as she and Ron sat down.

"Yeah yeah. We didn't have to sit together, you know."

"Oh I know. This is most definitely last resort." She turned to face her twin. He had dirt in his nose. Classy.

"Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full." Came a small voice from the doorway to the compartment. It was the skinny boy with glasses who asked for help at he platform.

"Sure." Ron said, and the boy sat down.

"I'm Ron Weasley, and this is-"

"I'm Clarissa, but most people just call me Clary, unless they insist on being annoying. Or you're my mum." The boy laughed.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

Both twin's mouths dropped open.

"Wait, for real?" Clarissa gaped. He nodded.

"Do you have.. ya know..." Ron gestured to his forehead, "the scar?"

Harry pulled back his bangs to reveal the thin lighting bolt scar that we had heard so much about from books and stories.

"Wicked." Muttered Ron.

The twins got off the train and were led to a bunch of boats by a huge man named Hagrid. She ended up sitting in a boat with two boys named Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan and another girl named Susan Bones.

Once across the lake, the new students were gathered on the stairs and greeted by a Professor McGonagall. They were then instructed to wait until they were told to, and then they would be taken into the great hall to be sorted. Simple enough.

"So it's true," a blonde haired boy sneered as McGonagall left," Harry Potter is in our year."

Ron stood next to Harry and glared at the boy.

"My names Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."

Ron snickered.

"What? You think my names funny? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. Must be a Weasley."

"Slicked back hair and overpriced shoes? Must be an asshole." Clarissa said out of the blue. She bit her lip, as she had not meant to say that to his face. But she wouldn't lie, she felt no remorse.

Draco looked her up and down. He opened his mouth to speak but McGonagall had returned just in time. She cleared her throats and Draco, Ron, Harry, and Clarissa went back to their spot in line.

McGonagall then proceeded to lead the students through the great hall; Clarissa could feel Draco's glare through the back of her head. She almost laughed. Almost.

All of the first years nervously huddled around the grand stage, in front of the entire student body and staff. A mangy old witches hat lay perched on a wooden stool in front of them all.

Then it began to.... sing? Okay then...

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me."

"You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all."

"There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be."

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;"

"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;"

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;"

"Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends."

"So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Once the hat was done with its song, everyone applauded and the hat bowed. Once everyone quieted down once more, Professor McGonagall then stepped up to the front of the stage and began reading off names.

"Susan Bones"
"Hannah Abbott"
"Seamus Finnigan"
"Blaise Zambini"
"Vincent Crabbe"
"Neville Longbottom"
"Hermione Granger"

One by one students were called up to the sorting hat. They would nervously walk up (and trip in a boy named Neville's case) then cautiously place the hat on their head where the hat would plop down over their eyes and begin to debate where to place them.

"Ron Weasley"

Clarissa glanced at her twin. His face had noticeably paled.

Get on with it already, ya great lump. She thought sarcastically, you already know what house you'll be in. It shouldn't be a big deal for any of the Weasleys!

The hat shouted Gryffindor and Ron, with a smile bigger than his hand, ran off to join Fred, George, and Percy at the house table.

"Clarissa Weasley"

Clarissa stepped up into the stage and sat down on the stool. Before she knew it, the hat was over her eyes and mumbling to itself about where to put her.

"Another Weasley, eh. Hmm, but this ones different. Very interesting. An ambitious young woman, willing to take any means to achieve her goal. Determined. And very clever, and quite the artistic abilities....I think I know just where to put you.

"SLYTHERIN!"

Everyone just stared.