Chapter 3 : Persistence and Cleanliness (part 2)

Darkness filled the tiny room of the two young women, the sun had already set, and the caretaker was late again. Two and a half days had passed and the girls were being less than kept. Missed meals, dirty skin, a puddle of urine in the corner.

The door opened as a caretaker slid in a single plate with scraps on it. "Eat up mutts," a hellish chuckle followed the man's harsh tone.

"You're the dog," the princess proclaimed boldly. Her voice barely above a whisper. The caretaker turned with a huff. "What did you say to me?" Though having heard quite clear already, the evil man challenged the frazzled young girl.

"Leave her alone!" the feisty Kitty spoke out in valor.

"Well, aren't you true to your name. Is the little kitten upset?" the caretaker mocked. Turning his full attention onto the other girl. "You wanna play with the big dog little Kitty-Cat? You think you can handle me?" the man grinned, fairly amused by the girls and their bravery.

"There's hardly anything to handle," Kitty spat in spite.

"You little-" the caretaker laid hands on the young woman. Weak and helpless, the Princess watched in horror as their sole provider for the weekend, drug her friend out the door, locking it behind him.

Hours passed as the princess sat in the corner, filled with worry over her friend.

Kicking the door in, the caretaker roughly threw the feisty kitten on the mattress in the middle of the floor before leaving in a haste. The princess moved in close to comfort her friend.

"You shouldn't have done that, I can handle myself," the princess's voice broke as tears began to stream down her flushed face.

Kitty struggled to sit up, her head pounding in pain. "You would of d-done the s-same for, me," unfazed by the punishment, Kitty wore her mask well for her friend.

A loud crash and bang sounded from outside the room, causing the two frightened girls to jump.

"You have no right!" a loud voice boomed through the building. It was a voice that could only belong to the Bad-Man. "Get up!" another thundering roar echoed from elsewhere in the large compound, followed by another frightening crash. There was no mistaking it, no doubt everyone in the place knew. Someone had greatly upset the Bad-Man. A blunder that carried with it dire consequences.

The place fell silent as the moments passed. The two young girls sat holding each other in dread of what was to come next. The door unlocked causing them both to gasp in horror. The door opened to reveal Josiah, his flax linen shirt and expensive vicuna dress pants covered in blood.

"Get up, it's time for your bath," the two swiftly did as they were told. "Marcos!" the Bad-Man called out. Not even a minute later, a young man came from down the hall.

"Sir?"

"I want this room clean, by the time you're done with it, a lab test better not turn up a single germ. Do I make myself clear?" the Bad-Man growled through clenched teeth.

"Perfectly sir," the newly promoted caretaker answered without hesitation.

With a hand on both their backs, the Bad-Man slowly escorted the girls away and into darkness.

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—

Day 7

I was jolted awake at the sound of the large metal door unlocking. My eyes sprang open so quickly a sharp pain radiated through them and traveled to the back of my head. I moaned briefly in pain as I sat up, once again my movement too quick for my body to process, which only added to the discomfort. The room went black as I sat there waiting for my vision to return.