"Those are called Apricorns. The ones I'm growing are Green Apricorns. You see, they are seven different coloured Apricorns; blue, red, yellow, black, white, green, and pink. If you collect some of them, you may want to go visit Kurt who's in Azalea Town," he explained to me.

"What will Kurt do with them?" I asked.

"Well, I heard from somewhere that he'll turn them into special Pokéballs. Now that you mentioned it, my Apricorns are ready to be picked, but I'll let you have some. Here, take this Apricorn Box," he said, handing me a basket.

We head outside to the Apricorn tree. He taught Chikorita and I how to pick some Apricorns and to determine whether or not they're ripe. That's when I learned Chikorita can use a move call Vine Whip.

I decided to collect only two since I didn't know how many I will get. We thanked the man for helping us out as we continued north. Chikorita and I tried to be careful of some wild Pokémon that might jump up and attack us.

As we continued north, I spotted another house. It must be Mr. Pokémon's house. I'm sure of it. I decided to enter that house. Once I did, I was immediately called out by a male voice.

"Hello. You must be Lyra," he said.

"That's me. You must be Mr. Pokémon then," I replied.

"Indeed, I am. It was I who sent Professor Elm an email earlier. This Egg over there..." he head to a cabinet and brought out a somewhat white egg with red and blue designs.

"This Egg is what I wanted Professor Elm to examine. A friend of mine from Ecruteak gave this to me. This is a rare egg that you can't find here in Johto. I believe Professor Elm can identify what kind of Pokémon it is," Mr. Pokémon said.

"And with that..." I heard another male voice speak. "... I'm Professor Oak, a Pokémon researcher. So you're Lyra. I was just visiting my friend over there and I happened to have heard you're doing a favour for Professor Elm, right?"

I nodded. "Yup. I was supposed to get this Pokémon Egg for him."

I was carrying the egg as if I was hugging a plushie doll. I need to make sure I secure it properly, or else it might drop. And I don't want to imagine what kind of experience it will be.

"I decided to wait here until you show up so that I can personally meet you. Oh! And who may this be? A rare Pokémon! " he asked, crouching down to Chikorita's height.

"This is Chikorita. I got her from Professor Elm's lab. Say 'Hi' Chikorita!"

"Chikorita!" she chirped happily.

"I see. You must be helping Professor Elm with his research. I think I understand why Professor Elm gave you that Pokémon. Make sure to treat this Chikorita with love and care. Oh right!"

Professor Oak reached down his pocket of the coat that he and Professor Elm seem to be wearing.

"How would you like to help me out? You see, this, in my hand, is the latest version of the Pokédex. It registers the Pokémon's data you've seen or caught. It's like a high-tech encyclopedia of Pokémon, and I would like you to have it," he said, handing me a red Pokédex.

"Go meet many different kinds of Pokémon and complete that Pokédex as much as you can. Let's start off by testing it on Chikorita," Oak suggested.

"Great idea!" I replied. Chikorita came closer as I opened up the Pokédex screen, and moved it in front of Chikorita. Then, an electronic voice started speaking.

"Chikorita; the Leaf Pokémon. A sweet aroma gently wafts from the leaf on its head. It is docile and loves to soak up the sun's rays. Its pleasantly aromatic leaf has the ability to check humidity and temperature."

"That's so cool," I cooed.

"I have a lot of things to do at the moment. Here, I'll give you my number so that we're on the safe side of things," he suggested. I nodded and registered his number. He exited the house before I did.

Once I'm outside, we saw another Apricorn tree with Pink ones. Chikorita and I decided to pick a few. After I finished picking some, my Pokégear started ringing. I checked and saw that Professor Elm was calling me so I picked it up immediately.

"Hello? Lyra, are you there?" he asked, with a stuttering tone. I began to worry. What was going on with the professor?

"Yup, I'm here. What's wrong, Professor?" I answered.

"I-It's a disaster! U-Uh... Oh, this is just terrible! What should I do? It's... Oh, no..."

"Professor Elm? Is there something wrong?" I asked, becoming even more worried.

"Please get back to my lab! This is urgent! The police are currently catching the culprit," he said as the call ended.

~~♛~~

The next chapter is here~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~