Chapter Ten Page One

{Nadine's POV}

It’s been days since we went to Batangas. It worked; if we’re going to base the result of that outing to all the reactions of the netizens and the press people, then it was the best plan we’ve ever come up with.

They still haven’t found out the identity of the person who leaked the information of our weddings. The news about us has lessened a bit and we have managed to get back to our normal lives – well, as normal as we can get.

I can now go to the studio twice a week; mostly if James has a scheduled shoot so we’ll arrive and leave in the same car. The staff and crew were all very discreet. Not a word about how I spend most of those two days cramped up in the editing room with Paulo got out. It’s not like we’re fooling around anyway.

We’re mostly working or talking or eating. Paulo’s been busier because of his school project.
That talk about Quinito back in Batangas wasn’t ever brought up again. We all tried to act like nothing untoward has transpired that weekend.

James and I have been sleeping on the same bed ever since. We don’t talk much. I think the wall between us will always be there. The last time we actually talked was when we agreed once and for all about our sleeping arrangement. Reese would always insist on it anyway. It felt a little tedious to always have to deal with it only to give in to Reese’ requests. I don’t know what Nath thinks about the setup.

I haven’t seen her in months although I do know they went out on a date the other day because James went home late.

Paulo understands though. Or at least, that’s what he keeps telling me. To be honest, I didn’t think I can love him back when all this started. I like him a lot. I have never felt more at ease with anyone the way I have with him, not since James. It was a huge factor that he understands the parent in me who only wanted the best for Reese and that we have the same passion about work, and our family.

He makes me feel like anything is possible. That I am capable. He makes me feel like the only girl in the world too. But most importantly, he trusts me. He trusts my decisions and my opinion. And he really is my best guy friend right now. I can tell him just about anything and he wouldn’t judge. He just listens.

James and I were on our way home; Reese asleep in the backseat. We brought him to work today because everyone else in the house had plans.

The guys wanted to throw in a party for us. James looked sideways at me.

Huh?

Sina Ivan. I haven’t been hanging out with them regularly. The other day, nong hindi natuloy yung date namin ni Nath, it was kind of a spur of the moment na I called up Bret and I met up with them. Sam wanted to meet Reese. And Bret and Ivan suggested they’d love to throw a party to officially welcome Reese to the family.