Chapter 26

My eyes twitch as I feel something tap my nose lightly. I begrudgingly peek through my lashes and see the warm, loving eyes of my fiancé as he smiles at me. For the first time since he has moved in with me Yuri has slept without his shirt on, I was so exhausted last night that I couldn't even appreciate it as I slipped into bed beside him. I smile back at him as he gently taps my nose again and I chuckle at the action. 

   "Victor Nikiforov still in bed past eight o'clock, scandal." Yuri teases lightly.

   "I don't want to hear a word about me sleeping in, sleeping beauty." I murmur tiredly, my body struggling to fully wake up. "It's usually me that has to wait for you to wake up." 

   "I know." Yuri rolls closer to me. "That's why this is such a pleasant surprise." A surprised smile dawns my face as he wraps his arms around my chest, pressing his bare skin against mine. "It's not often that I get to wake up with my fiancé still in bed beside me, it's nice." 

   "Is this how you would prefer to wake up?" 

   "Everyday," he murmurs in response. "But I know you, the likelihood of you sleeping in often is almost slim to none."

   "You're probably right." I reply with a light laugh. He knows me so well after such a short amount of time, though to be fair I have been an eruption of information since I first stepped foot into Japan and laid eyes on Yuri. My excitement to meet Yuri and have him know me, really know me, got the best of me and I couldn't control the rate of the information flowing out of my mouth. 

   "How was your walk last night?" He murmurs into my chest as he nestles his head against me. "You came back earlier than I thought you would." 

   "Oh?" I lift an eyebrow curiously. "When were you expecting me to come back?" 

   "Long after I was asleep." 

   "You were asleep when I came home Yuri." 

   "Was I?" He inquires. 

   "You little tease, you were awake when I came home, weren't you?" 

   "I was." He chuckles as I hold him tightly, gently squeezing him in my arms. "You came home not too long after I had just turned off the lights."

   "You should have said something." I whisper into his hair before planting a gentle kiss on the crown of his head. 

   "Why?" He questions. "You were fast asleep after you got into bed, did you want me to wake you?" 

   "Not particularly." I confess. Yuri merely laughs in response. 

   "Your hair was wet when you came back." 

   "That is because it began to snow when I was on my walk." 

   "It was snowing?"

   "Mm hmm." 

   "But...it's only October." Yuri grumbles. "Can't it wait a little bit longer before it starts to snow?" I glance down at him curiously, an amused grin on my face. Yuri grumbles as he turns his face away from my eyes. His face and expression shielded by my chest and directed towards the pillows and sheets.

   "Is there a reason for your snow deadline preference?" I struggle to speak those words without laughing. Yuri grumbles as he runs his nails sharply down my side making me flinch slightly at the slight prick of pain. 

   "I just don't want to shovel the snow just yet."

   "Yuri, you are under no obligation to shovel the snow." I remind him with a gentle kiss to the temple. "There are people who are paid to shovel the balcony and stairs of the apartments."