Strange

He came home, a smile plastered on his face, he greeted us with 'Salaam' and we replied.

Did he just say Salam?

"What?" He said, still grinning.

"Nothing" I shooked my head.

"Mama?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry"

"For what beta?"

"For my rude behavior this morning"

"Uh.. Oh.. Its okay" I smiled back at him, I was quite shocked.

How has he changed in one day?

We were having our dinner, as usual it went by in silence, he didn't care to tell how his first day went niether did Mehmood asked him. Hence, I decided to break the silence.

"How did the first day went?" I asked.

"It went hectic and kinda good as well" he replied but pursed his lips, probably trying not to smile.

Why did I feel like he did something wrong and enjoyed the consequences. He is that type of person so that can be expected.

"What's with the deal going on? Are we shifting then?" He asked.

"I don't think we need to, they are stupid liars"

"Baba, are you serious?" His eyes widened over his reply.

"What? Obviously I'm! Can you even think of buying a luxurious house like this one again? Probably not in the range we bought this one in"

"That's because the previous owners were reluctant to live here any longer"

"Okay, so even if we decide to shift, we don't enough money for of this shiz and let me tell you, we don't have any interested buyers for this house". Mehmood replied calmly. He popped a a spoon full of rice in his mouth and stared at the plate.

"Right, I haven't felt any paranormal activities yet.. So hence I'm fine until then" he almost whispered, as if he was scared they would hear him.

His words did made me shiver, he was afraid they might hurt us. But not all of them are bad, there are good ones the the bad ones. Just like us humans.

----

"Assalam o Alaekum" replied someone on the phone after three rings.

"Mrs Shaheer?" I asked?

"Yes, Who are you?"

"I'm Mrs Mehmood"

"Mrs Mehmood.. I.. Ohhh ohhh! Yess I remember you now! "

"Umm.."

"How can I help you?"

"I wanted to talk to you"

"Yes, I'm listening"

"No. I mean in person"

"I would be delighted to have you at my place for lunch or dinner !"

I chuckled at her excitement, she has always been like that.

"I would prefer to have a cup of tea with you"

She sighed.

"Not fair, but.. Sure!"

"Great then.."