"Wow, I haven't been over in the past couple of years but your parents didn't change anything!" Topaz observed.

"It is almost like we are still in high school on a Friday night, chatting after a party."

"All that is missing is us giggling over our latest crush" smiled Topaz remembering with fond memories of what they had shared in this room when they were in high school.

"What's this about crushes?" Lex asked coming into the bedroom, pulling off his shirt as he came in and throwing it on the chair by the closet like he had done thousand times.

"Nothing, just fond memories of the past" Brace smiled.

Topaz heads towards the door, grabbing Brace's tea cup on her way out of the room.

"I'm toast, will see you both in the morning."

"Left a shirt on Jake's bed for you!" Brace called out.

"I saw that, you must have also tidied the room up some and made the bed with clean sheets too as we know he didn't." she said with a laugh.

Smiling Brace grabbed the shirt off her bed, headed to the ensuite to shower before bed. She let the hot spray pound away the tension in her shoulders that had built up over the day, it was always this way when she thought about that time from her past. Getting out of the shower and grabbing her favorite body lotion, she dried off and generously applied it to her limbs loving the smell as she rubbed it in. Glancing in the mirror she caught sight of some of the scars from the past, gingerly touching them as if they would still hurt, at least the physical wounds heeled quickly she thought.

"Brace, I hope -" Lex said as he walked in, his voice trailing off seeing the scars that she normally kept hidden under her shirts.

"Jesus Brace! He did that to you? I knew you said that he seriously injured you, but I never pictured this!"

"It's fine, it was a long time and they are all healed."

Striding towards her, he touches one of the scars on her back distracted entirely from the fact that Brace was still naked by the damages that he could easily see. Sliding his finger from scar to scar, his eyes met hers in the mirror and they lock. Brace felt the connection between them again and she couldn't deal with that heartbreak again. She stepped away grabbing the t-shirt and putting it on.

"I'll let you shower" Brace said as she left the bathroom, closing the door gently behind her and leaning against it from her side. Closing her eyes and trying to get her breathing back under control she heard the shower start. Opening her eyes and pushing herself away from the door, she made her way over to the bed.

She climbed into bed and pulled the covers up to her chin, sighing and settling in under her quilt, letting the warmth envelop her. She couldn't stop thinking about Lex and him being naked in the shower, the water sluicing down his naked body. Damn these thoughts were going to keep her tossing and turning as her body started to warm up just thinking about him. Rolling over she thrashed her pillow a couple times to make it more comfortable, she was never going to get to sleep or so she thought but the toll of the day must have been too much as she quickly drifted off to sleep.

Lex came out of the shower, wrapped the towel around his hips and wiped the mirror off and stared at his reflection hard in the mirror. Sometimes he didn't even know the the person who was looking back at him, he had changed and he wasn't sure it was for the better. He had felt the connection in the bathroom with Brace but he had to stay away, he couldn't have Brace in his life not like that and not now, she was too good and she deserved far better than him and the life that he could offer.

Entering the bedroom he saw Brace asleep in bed and his heart gave the old familiar kick it gives when seeing her. Now that she was back he wasn't really sure how he had survived her leaving 2 years ago, how he had made it through without her. But that was the kicker wasn't it, for a while he hadn't, he had been so lost without her. He lost his best-friend, the only thing that kept him balanced on the right side of things with the father that he had. He tried to dull the pain, using drugs, all types of drugs. Booze after a while had little to no affect and and women were just something to pass the time.

Dropping the towel he grabbed a pair of shorts that Jake lent him and climbed into bed. Settling on his back, one arm under the pillow behind his head, Brace rolled over snuggling against his side in her sleep. At first he stiffened, not sure what to do it has been so long since they have been like this. Screw it! He wraped his arm around her pulling her close, drifting off to sleep to her sigh of contentment from Brace.