Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE: VANISHED

With a great huff of breath I extended my left arm, with little to no effort I turned my body at an inhumanly fast rate before a dark glow took over my fist, as I slammed it into the robot before me. One after another they kept coming.

With a swift kick to my legs, I fell to the floor. A vibrant yellow arm was in my face as I scrambled to get up. "Woah!" I yelled as the yellow robot grabbed at my leg, pulling me up. I inhaled deeply with closed eyes, silently reciting an incantation. My eyes snapped open and all I saw around me was red, without doing much I threw many energy bolts in the robot's direction.

It let got of my leg and I did a quick kick jump before hovering over the white tiles and angrily eyeing the yellow robot before me. The robot did the same, staring me down then raced toward me with great speed. With a calm yet bold move, I raised my hand and flipped the robot in one motion, causing the simulator to stop.

"Time." A loud voice called as I visibly grew at ease, my mind and heart still racing and pumping with adrenaline. I looked up to see Damian watching me with an unreadable look.

Though teleporting took a bit out of me after a fight, I still did it to reach the training control room. Once I was in Damian sighed, "You know, I think it's time for you to develop more hand to hand combat skills rather than always relaying on your powers."

I raised an eyebrow at that, "Why? It's not like I'm going to lose my powers or anything." It was odd that all of a sudden that was even a thought.

"Well, technology is evolving, it could happen." With a shrug he continued, "But what I was referring to was the fact that you rely too much on your powers instead of being able to do simple tactics that could save your energy." He went on as my head began to spin.

Grabbing at the nearest wall to boast myself I clutch at my head, the jewel on my forehead starting to burn. It had only been a month since my father had been trapped inside the crystal and I was still getting used to the feeling of him being there and his feeling and knowing my thoughts. It took a lot of energy and concentration for me to withhold him from taking control of me.

I jumped when I felt Damian clutch my arm, helping me stand upright. I swallowed as I slightly pushed him off of me, standing on my own. "Are you sure that you're alright?" It was a slight concern in his voice as he glanced over me. I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. "Well, whenever you're ready I can help you in physical combat." He made at effort to move out of the room but then he looked at me.

"Raven! Damian!" A usual happy-go-lucky voice sounded as we distanced ourselves from each other. The door slid open as Kori stepped through, her green eyes looking at both of us briefly before she reached into the bag I didn't realize she was carrying.

"We bought you, the presents!" She exclaimed with a wide smile. Her accent was clear even though you can barely hear it once you first meet her. She looked deep in thought before she reached into the bag, "These are gifts for your progress in the usage of your abilities." She worded it carefully, as to not mess up and embarrass herself. She pulled out wrapped gifts and handed one to me and the other to Damian, we both looked at the presents in our hand, curiously.

"I wasn't very sure of what either of you would like, so I picked what I thought would be appropriate." She watched us, probably wanting to see us open the things she bought us. Damian and I met eyes and with s silent agreement, I opened mine first.

The feeling of crispy crumpling wrapping paper was what I first felt as I opened the lid of the box. It was a dress, a pink dress. The look on Kori's face was pure excitement, she squealed at the sight of it. Instead of sighing I said, "This is very... nice, I've never owned such a pretty dress." It was somewhat an honest response.

"Really? I bought a dress just like it, so we can match!" She bent down to my height and grabbed my hands and smile wide before turning to Damian, motioning for him to open his. "Your turn, Damian."

I didn't need to sense the fact that he was skeptical of opening his gift, especially after he saw mines. He sighed before opening the box slowly, as I did. When he opened the lid his eyes went wide for a moment, he was more shocked if anything. I saw him swallow as he looked up to Kori, "Grayson must've helped with picking out the particular Kama set that I've had my eyes on, it's quite appreciated." He spoke in a dry non-caring way then he bushed past her and moved out the room, though he wouldn't admit it he was happy. I heard a sigh from Kori.

"Don't worry," I placed a hand on her shoulder to ease her. "He likes the gift." I told her in a nonchalant way with the shrug of my shoulders.

"But," She got up and looked down at me with creased eyebrows. "How are you so sure?" I thought about that for a moment before I moved toward the door.

"He has his way of hiding things but I know him, and I know that he truly meant what he said." I told her with a wary smile. "I'm going to my room now." Leaving the room, I turn to the left and make my way toward my room.

The door to my room slide open, and I walked to the closet to hang the dress up. I felt a slight breeze pick up as I walked closer to the closet door, but I knew that my window is normally closed. I inhaled, turning around slightly to understand where the wind was coming from, only to be confronted by nothing.

"Wrong way, Little Bird." With widen eyes, I turned around in a hurry. Before I could even turn fully around to see the voice that matched the deep detached voice, my arm was crashed awkwardly against my back, twisted. I groaned, as he tightened his hold.

"I've been dying to meet you little bird, you just so happen to be very valuable.." He muttered, dangerously close to my ear. I gulped, fear bubbling inside of me. Valuable? To whom? He chuckled, "Don't worry," He paused.

I calmed down, trying to conceal my emotions so that I could connect with any of the Titans to help. Help.. a loud ringing followed my plead. Attempting to twist out of his grip, I inhaled. Trying to muster up my powers I groaned, something was wrong and the contact with him was making me grow weaker.

Blurry flashes appear making the migraine I developed worsened. I heard him exhale, "Maybe the kid was right, you do need help with your hand to hand combat." My eyes widen at his knowledge, nobody was there when we discussed that. It was odd, maybe he had been watching us?

Then I felt movement, it was very subtle to the fact that I could barely feel it and I was sure he didn't feel it, the soft steps were coming from the ceiling of my room.

I continued to struggle against his body, "What do you want? What will you even gain from this?" I muttered, as he pushed me closer to the wall. I groaned as the jewel on my forehead throbbed. I looked down as he laughed softly and noticed how oddly close we were, our legs almost intertwined. An idea popped up in my head.

"Nothing really but, I am rather enjoying this." I pushed myself backwards with all my strength, causing the both of us to fall backwards. The air vent from above opened as Beast Boy, in a bird form flew out but instead of focusing on him, I looked at the man underneath me.

This mask was white and a large red X was plastered on it but the rest of his suit was black. Suddenly and quickly, he smashed his face into mines. He hurried to the large window and smashed it open, attempting to jump from it.

Changing to his normal self, Beast Boy rushed to my side, helping me up and made sure I was alright before he stared down the man as a sword flew straight to the strange man, almost cutting Beast Boy's spiky green hair.

I didn't realize Damian was in the room until he effortlessly threw a sword that tore the mysterious' man's cape as he used his two fingers to signal us goodbye.

Running to the window, I looked down. But he was already gone.

He had completely vanished.