First times

Daniel's Pov-

I knew that this was against the rules.
It's the first thing that I was taught by my brother, which was taught to him by my parents. The same parents, which I have never seen, so how could I possibly follow their rules.

"Never let yourself be known Danny, If you do they'll find you, and then you're a dead man walking"

I remember my brothers deep voice, as he warned me every night before bed.

My childhood wasn't bedtime stories, but bedtime warnings.

"Survive Danny, survive."

So what compelled me to attend my first ever high school party?

She did.

I watched sadly as she downed drink after drink, as if trying to escape her feelings.

I wanted to run to her, stop her, hold her;

But that would require social contact between us, which I couldn't allow. I'm not able to love, for I'm afraid my secrets would destroy her.

The large house was dark, but her face was dimly lit by a neon red light.  It was a glow in the dark party, a setting perfect for those trying to hide from others, or themselves. A setting perfect for me.

The house vibrated with the hundreds of sweaty bodies that danced to the heavy electronic music. I felt claustrophobic as the scent of various perfumes and alcohol flooded the air. Bodies grinded against bodies, lips against lips, and not a single word was spoken. Everyone was packed like tuna against one another, as they moved, seductively, almost in slow motion.

Being the only one who was not under the influence, everyone seemed to be under a hypnotic trance. It was odd, but I envied them. How had it felt to be carefree?

I sipped a coke as I stood watching her by the door way. Her caramel skin looked beautiful against the red silk of her tight party dress. She looked stunning the way her hair was up and showcased the beauty of her features. Her full lips painted with a soft glossy color, her big eyes accentuated by her long eyelashes. I've never seen her with this much makeup on, she looked slightly different but beautiful either way.

She ran her hands through her hair as she moved her body against Aaron's.

I clenched my jaw, at the sight of them. He was way too close to her, I wanted to be the one smelling her. Touching her.

"Do I know you from somewhere?"
A high pitched voice spoke.

Startled, I stumbled backwards. The small blonde haired girl reached out her hands to steady me and she chuckled.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Frozen, I stared at the blue eyed girl in front of me. How had she been able to notice me? I'm never noticed.

"I'm Courtney, you are?"

"Danny"
My voice was low and husky.

"What was that? Sorry I can't hear you, the music is really loud."
She cupped her hands behind her ears, to help me understand that she couldn't hear me.