I placed the books on the table before returning to the bookshelf again.

Meanwhile...

Four maids were huddling together, looking through the crack on the door, watching Raine pick out books and reading.

"EHH??? OJOU-SAMA'S STUDYING??? HOW CAN THIS BE???" Maid #1 exclaims in shock.

"I KNOW RIGHT?! FOR THE FIRST TIME, OJOU-SAMA'S READING IN THE LIBRARY!" Maid #2 agrees in amazement.

"I've noticed, Ojou-sama seems more mature than before. She used to be a spoiled brat, but now she's different..." Maid #3 says, staring narrow-eyed at Raine's figure in the library.

"This Ojou-sama's better." Maid #4 says.

The rest of the maids nod in agreement.

"Way better."

~~~

"*Yawn*" I yawned as I stretched my arms. It's been what, *glances at the clock* like 4 hours, since I've been reading. I pretty much got the basics already. It's really easy anyways. I've read some higher leveled magic books, and they were way cooler.

I headed back toward my room for privacy.

So, the first thing you have to do is sense the elements by doing some sort of meditation. The books describes magic as orbs of light that emits certain colors. Each color indicates a different element. For example, fire is red, water is blue, earth is brown, nature is green, air is white, light is yellow, dark is black, space is purple. The rarity of elements are different than each other. The common elements are fire, water, earth, nature, and air. The rare elements are light and dark. The legendary element is space. Only one person in the whole world had it. People meditate to figure out what element they can wield, and to cultivate. Usually, people don't have elements, Those people are usually, the commoners. The people who do only had one element, and if others have two, it's considered rare. Those with two elements can combine their elements together to make combos, resulting in more damage to opponents. Magic wielders, also known as magicians,  are rare, so most non-magic people usually do swordsmanship instead, which ends up with the career of knighthood. But, as for me, I'm considered as trash, since I have no magical talent. Noble children from the noble lineage all have magic talent, so I guess I could be considered as the only noble child with no magic talent, causing me to be the disgrace of noble children.

Okay, the next step...

The second thing you have to do, is gather the elements into you. The elements you see, are ones that you can absorb, meaning, the ones you can wield. So, just absorb them. The more element balls, the better. Hmm... If I were to describe this process... It'd be like gaining experience points in a game. You fill the 'bar' with 'experience points', then when you fill it up to the max, you 'level up.' Sort of like that, but harder. This process repeats over and over again, getting harder every 'level' you obtain. It's kinda hard to explain, but you get stronger by each 'level'.

Haah... All this explaining, and I'm tired.

But, I still need to try sensing magic.

I sat on my bed, legs crossed, as I closed my eyes and meditated.

~~~

After an hour, I got impatient.

'Can you balls of elements show up already?! I'm getting tired... I don't wanna be a trash~' I whined in my head, an expression of displeasure showing up in my face.

At that statement, balls emitting colored lights appeared, zipping through the air, seemingly excited.

Aren't elements suppose to be sassy? The book says that elements are like people, they have attitude. They choose whether or not they want to 'go inside' someone or not. But, these elements right in front of me seem like they want to be absorbed by me, constantly flying around me in a circle, like predators stalking prey.

"Okay, come in-" I wasn't able to finish, as the element balls just ran straight into me with lightning fast speed. They pushed each other, wanting to be absorbed first.

Okay, the books are liars. I'm watching these eager elements crowding around me, trying to go inside me, when I haven't even absorbed any yet.

I silently watched as the balls pushed each other, there were all kinds of elements. There were lots of common elements, some rare elements, and a few space element balls.

Ha, how cool. I have space element.

Then, there was this other element. It was somewhat clear, but glowed a tinge of gray. It was being pushed by the other elements, so it was all the way in the back.

I felt bad for it, so I decided to absorb it first.

I reached out for the gray element, shoo-ing away the other elements, as I reached my hand towards it. The gray element shyly scooted closer, then rested on my palm. I gave a smile as I absorbed it.

As soon as I absorbed it, the rest of the elements got mad. In fact, they were furious.

They bursted their way into me, forcing me to absorb all of them. But, I obviously couldn't, not with that crowd of thousands of element balls.

The shock that came with the force, caused me to let out an abrupt yelp of pain, and then I fainted.