Chapter 1:The Nightmare

It's a late early June night.  It's all quiet in Mesa, Arizona.  It's so quiet that you can hear the splatter of raindrops hitting the ground as it's a pouring rain falling from the sky.  No one is out in this drenching rain, well, almost no one.  A boy is running down the middle of the street like he is being chased by someone.  The boy appears to have a costume on.  The boy has a pair of long white socks on over the bottom of his pants and up to his kneecaps.  He also has on a pair of fruit of the loom underwear over his black pants with his black shirt tucked in.

     The boy in question is Troy Weston and he has his Superboy costume on.  As Troy continues to get soaked, he tries to find a hiding place for him to hide.  Troy continues to run as another person who is chasing him tries to catch up to him.  Troy finally comes upon an abandoned shed.  He is able to pry open the door just enough for him to sneak in.  "Finally, out of that pouring rain," Troy says to himself.  "Now, I need somewhere to hide," Troy says as he appears shaken at what is unfolding.

     The stranger that is chasing Troy finally comes upon the shed.  That gets Troy's attention as the boy tries to stay quiet while he hides.  The stranger sneaks into the shed, confident that Troy is in there hiding somewhere.  "Troy, come out now.  That is a order," the stranger says.  It stays quiet so the stranger speaks again.  "Troy, I said come out now.  Please don't disobey your father," the stranger says.  The stranger in question is Joe Weston.  Still, Troy remains silent in hopes of Joe leaving the shed without finding him.

     Joe walks through the shed in hopes of finding his target.  "Troy, please come out," Joe says.  "You know I don't want to do this to you, but I have no choice," Joe adds.  Joe thinks he see's something and he goes to investigate.  He tosses aside the empty wooden pallets, but Troy is not there.  "Damn it Troy.  Where the hell are you?" Joe asks.  Joe continues his search of the shed, but still can't locate his son.  "I guess Troy did not come in here afterall," Joe says.  Troy listens as he hears Joe leave the shed.

     Troy waits for a good minute before he leaves his hiding place.  "Thank god father didn't find me," Troy says to himself.  "Now I need to find somewhere safe to go," Troy adds.  Troy heads for the same door he let himself in.  Before he can exit however, Joe catches him and clamps a chloroform soaked cloth over his mouth.  "Mmmppphhh," Troy tries to scream for help, but the cloth muffles his cries for help.  "Sorry son, but you are not going anywhere," Joe says as Troy falls to the ground knocked out.

     (Back to reality)

     Troy wakes up in a sweat.  He looks around and realizes he is in his bed.  Troy calms down and realizes he must have had a nightmare.  "Another nightmare. Really? I thought I was past these," Troy says to himself.  Troy gets up from bed and goes to get a drink of water from the bathroom.  He then uses the towel to wipe his forehead.  The 16-year old boy returns to bed and lays back down.  He looks out through his window and into the sky.  "Why Mom?  Why would I have this kind of nightmare again?" Troy asks.  Troy closes his eyes and then, a little quick flash of light shines down at him.  Was Betty trying to give Troy a warning about something?

     It's now early morning at the Weston household.  It's around 6 am to be fact.  Joe Weston has left his bedroom as he is always an early riser.  Joe heads downstairs and heads for the kitchen where he finds Troy sitting alone at the table.  "Morning Son.  Is their something wrong?" Joe asks.  "No, not really," Troy replies with a shrug.  Joe looks at Troy and can tell that the boy is not telling him the truth.  Joe takes a seat at the table across from Troy.  "I can tell something is wrong so why don't you tell me what's bothering you," Joe replies.

     Troy looks up at Joe.  "Alright fine.  You are right, I am bothered by something," Troy says.  "What is it son?  What is bothering you?" Joe asks.  Troy hesitates before answering.  "I had one of those awful nightmares again," Troy reveals.  "What kind of nightmare?  Oh, are you talking about one of those kidnapping nightmares?" Joe asks.  "Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about, but why?  Why would I have a nightmare about that again?  I thought I was past those awful nightmares," Troy asks.