“Yes, I am,” I said defensively. “What’s wrong with that?”

“No offense, but Niall actually talks,” she said smugly. “And you haven’t even made a move yet on Zayn. There’s no reason to try anyway if he won’t respond. I doubt he even likes you.”

My mouth dropped open. “What?! You don’t know anything! You don’t know me! And you don’t know Zayn!” My voice progressively got louder.

“And you do?” she scoffed.

“I know him better than you do!” I exclaimed. “You don’t care about him! Can’t you see that he needs someone? Can’t you see the pain he goes through each day? Don’t you have a heart?!”

“Yes, I do,” she stated. “I’m the one who actually talked to my guy, remember? And he likes me back. I’m the one with the success story, not you.”

“You wouldn’t have ended up with Niall, if I hadn’t encouraged you to talk with him last night,” I argued. “And who suggested the game Truth or Dare and dared Naill to kiss you, huh? And who repeatedly forced you two to be alone together? Me! It was all me!”

“I didn’t ask you to do anything!” she yelled. “The outcome would have been the same without your so-called ‘help’!”

My face heated up in furious anger. I was now parked in my driveway, and I forcefully yanked the key out of the ignition. “Oh, so you don’t need me?!” I exclaimed.

“No!” she yelled in my face.

“Fine! Then go back home! I’m not rescuing you from your lame excuse of a mother anymore! I’m not going to let you take advantage of me and my hospitality any longer!”

“Don’t you dare talk like that about my mother!” She humorously laughed before continuing, “And you call this hospitality? Fine! I’m leaving, and not because you told me to. Go and make goggly eyes at an unresponsive Zayn, like crickets chirping at a rock.”

Oh, so now she was comparing me to crickets? That’s the best she could come up with? And she should know better to insult Zayn in front of me. He’d obviously been through hell and didn’t deserve to be put through more because of others judging him as they saw fit.

I gave her my fiercest glare. “You don’t know a fuck about him! So shut your damn mouth and get the hell away from here!”

We both got out, slamming the car doors for effect. I stormed up to my house and swung the front door open. I heard Darcy follow me and turned around to yell at her. But she pushed past me and marched into the house.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” I hissed at her. I was vaguely aware of the boys watching us from the couches, instead of being focused on the movie playing.

“I’m getting my stuff so I can leave!” she retorted. She disappeared to my room and came back out seconds later with her stuff messily piled in her arms.

“Now get out!” I shrieked, my throat burning from yelling so loudly.

She exited the house. She yelled, “Gladly!” before I slammed the door shut on her, almost crushing her foot.

It was now silent. The boys had paused the movie and were now quietly sitting on the couches, probably wondering what to do next.

I turned around to face them and plastered on a fake smile. They all blinked up at me with blank expressions.

“What movie are you watching?” I asked as if they hadn’t just witnessed the end of Darcy and I’s huge fight. Our first fight. The first time I’d ever yelled at her so loudly. The first time she had ever yelled back at me. The first time she’d ever looked at me with such anger.