Chapter 8

Arthur released a sigh, heading towards the Memory Den. He pushed the red doors open before stepping inside. He stepped out into the main room, looking at Irma, who was laying on her couch listening to the radio. 

"Oh, I see we have a Brotherhood in our little town. Hmmm?" Irma spoke in a flirty tone. 

"Where is Alyssa?" Arthur spoke, crossing his arms. 

"She's down the stairs with Doctor Amari." 

Maxson nodded before starting towards the stairwell and starting down. He stopped outside the doorway, listening in to Amari and Alyssa talking. 

"Listen, Alyssa, There's nothing I can do. You...have to have this baby." Amari's voice came. 

There was a sigh and a long sentence of silence. "Amari...I don't know what to do..."

"Maxson is here, no? Did you tell him yet?" 

"No. We argued then I came here." 

Amari sighed a bit. "Have you seen MacCready or any of the others yet?" 

"Well...no. I haven't gotten a chance to head back to Sanctuary yet. I came here to see you and...Hancock was here so I stayed with him." 

"Look, you have to tell him. You can't keep this forever and I'm sure you'll want this kid to have...it's biological father in its life." 

"I-know. I don't want...this kid to end up like...Shaun." 

Alyssa's eyes teared gently. Amari placed a hand on her shoulder before comferting her gently. Arthur growled a little bit before sighing and stepping into the lab. Amari looked up at him as well as Alyssa. She wiped her tearing eyes before coughing gently. 

"H-Hey." Alyssa mumbled. 

"I'll...leave you two." Amari spoke, stepping past Maxson and heading upstairs. 

Maxson took a seat beside Alyssa before sighing. "I'm sorry. For everything." He spoke. 

"Arthur...I-I gotta tell you something." 

"You're pregnant. I-I overheard you and Amari." 

Alyssa bit her lower lip before blushing and feeling Maxson's arms wrap around and pull her into an embrace. He held her there for a moment, allowing her to cry into his chest. His heart made a weird feeling, causing his arms to tighten around her body. 

Alyssa sniffled a bit, resting her head onto his shoulder. "Arthur...I-I'm-" 

"Stop. You don't need to say anything. I'm the one that should be saying sorry." 

Alyssa glanced at him and placed a kiss on his lips gently. Maxson placed his hands on her cheeks before kissing her deeply with a hint of passion. She breathed against his lips and slipped her arms around his neck, pulling her body closer against his. 

Arthur pulled back before holding her against him, running his fingers through her hair a bit. "I love you." He whispered. 

Alyssa blushed a bit before looking up at him. "Arthur...I-I love you too." 

Arthur blushed a little bit before placing a small kiss on the top of her head. "I'm sorry. For everything. I didn't plan any of this. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't mean for this to happen to you." 

"Arthur, it's done. What's happened...happened. You can't take it back and I can't stop it. Maybe this...will...I don't know. Let me have a family instead having my son ripped from my hands again." 

Arthur sighed softly. "What if it's-" 

"A girl? Then...We have a girl." 

"I hope you know...what ever gender it is, this baby is going to have to take my place when I'm gone." 

Alyssa ran her fingers through Maxson's hair a bit. "I hope that's not for a very long time." 

Arthur placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. "We'll see what happens. No promises, but I will try." 

"You better." 

"I love you." 

Alyssa placed her head onto his chest, yawning softly then mumbling. "I love you too."