Chapter 5

Dr. Rush opened Emily's door with his clipboard in hand. He could hear her screaming and growling which was normal for her.

Dr. Rush had noticed that she hated to be alone. Even if she didn't say anything, she would have a hint of panic in her eye when he left after their appointment together.

Slipping in the room Dr. Rush found Emily in the corner, hugging herself just like the time they first meet.

"Good morning, Emily," Dr. Rush spoke, "how are you feeling," he glanced at her fingers, the tips of them were red from scratching the walls.

"Doctor?" She whispered as if she just realized that he had just came in.

"Yes, it's me," he smiled faintly. Dr. Rush could see the dark circles around her eyes. Her lips where pale and her nail where chewed off. "Are sleeping alright?" He asked.

"Sleeping? No. Can't sleep. His voice. It comes."

"Who's?"  

"Devil," she said darting her eyes from one corner of the room to the next. "He's near. Must leave. Escape. Free." Emily's eyes forced on to Dr. Rush's own eyes. He saw true fear.

"What makes you think the devil is coming for you?" Dr. Rush had guessed and knew that the devil she meant was the man who made her. She even spoken that this other man who changed her was different then the others. She had once said he was just like her.

Dr. Brown had been amazed and excited about the discovery that Emily was revealing to them. Even though she did remember what truly happened to her and her family or what this mans face looked like. Dr. Brown had brought the idea that maybe she could feel him, hear his thought and he could hear hers. That maybe the two shares a bound that only the maker and his young can feel.

"He calls. He laughs. He waits."

"I don't understand?"

"He is here." Emily's tone was hard. "He comes. He wants... Queen," she was hesitant on her last word as she place a hand over her chest. "Must leave. Must protect... Humans," she was hesitant again on her words.

Dr. Rush knew she accepted that she was not human like him, that she fell victim to the Vamp-virus.

He watched Emily fall back into her corner. Her head hanged low while she hugged her legs close to her chest. Emily's body quiver in fear and this made Rush want to hold her. Comfort her. Within nearly two years of knowing Emily since that day they meet. Dr. Rush had developed feeling for the girl that was forbidden for both his position and their race.

"Emily," he finally spoke, "you do not have to worry about anything. You are well protected as well as everyone here. I promise you that."

"No," she cried squeezing her legs tighter into her chest. "He had waited a long time. Very long time. He knows everything. Everything." Her nails dogged into her skin, "He comes. He-"

Dr. Rush reached over to her in her little corner and placed his hand over her hand that now had blood it. She was so scared that she made herself bleed and didn't know it. But he didn't realized that he got so close to her until his hand touched hers and he couldn't seem to pull his hand away.

Emily lifted her head up. She was surprised as well as he was but he trusted her.

"Everything will be alright."

"Alright," she repeated slowly looking into his eyes.

"Yes Emily, everything will be alright," Dr. Rush smiled.