~Chapter 2~

June 9, 2017

     Once Karin and Hina reached the ice cream shop they immediately noticed that all of the tables were full.

     "Now what are we going to do?" Hina complained to Karin. She was clearly annoyed but Karin noticed a table towards the back.

     "That girl is sitting by herself. Maybe she'll let us sit with her." Karin said while pointing to a girl with long, brown hair. She seemed to be doing homework and had earbuds in. Her head was bobbing slightly to the music coming from her phone. Hina looked at the girl in the back for a second before focusing her attention back to Karin.

     "Can you get the ice cream? I'll go ask her. By the way, I like vanilla or strawberry." Hina ended her sentence with a wink before heading over to the unknown girl. Karin shook her head while laughing slightly. She found the wink unnecessary but cute and funny. Karin made her way to the counter and ordered vanilla for Hina and chocolate for herself.

     Hina was mentally preparing herself to talk with the stranger. She wasn't shy but she wasn't great at talking with new people either. She finally tapped the girl on her shoulder. She removed her earbuds and looked at Hina with curiosity.

     "Umm, would it be ok for me and my friend to sit with you? All of the tables are taken sooo...." Hina trailed off at the end of her sentence and looked at the girl waiting for a reply.

     "Sure. Just give me a second to clean up my school stuff." The girl started putting her books back into her bookbag immediately after finishing her sentence. Hina took a seat to the left of the girl and looked at the counter to see if Karin was almost done. Karin finished paying and took the two cones of ice cream in her hands. Hina waved her hands to catch the shorter girl's attention. Karin sat down to the right of the unknown girl.

     "Thank you for letting us sit with you," Karin said to the girl while bowing slightly. The girl chuckled as she finished putting her books in her bag.

     "You seem so formal doing that. It's not a big deal. By the way, my name's Reina." The unknown girl said. Karin looked at Hina basically asking the girl to introduce herself first.

     "My name's Hina and the quiet, short one is Karin," Hina said while gesturing to Karin. Karin looked at her oddly for a second before speaking.

     "...I'm only like an inch shorter than you," Karin said. Hina simply smirked before focusing on her attention back to her ice cream. Reina laughed silently at the antics of the two girls.

     "It seems like you guys have been friends for a while," Reina said in an attempt to get a conversation going. Hina and Karin glanced at each other before laughing.

     "I literally just met her today," Hina said while still laughing. Shock was visible on Reina's face. The two seemed so comfortable together that she assumed they were extremely close friends.

    "Wow... that's surprising. It seems like you guys have known each other for a while." Reina said. Her attention was focused on Hina but Karin is the one who spoke next.

    "Hina seems to make friends easily. First me and now you." Karin looked up from her ice cream to focus on Reina as she spoke. Reina smiled and grabbed her phone from her bag.

    "You guys seem cool. Maybe we could hang out again sometime." Reina suggested. Hina nodded her head excitedly. Karin also nodded her head although not a vigorously as Hina. Reina pulled a piece of paper from her bookbag and tore it in half. She wrote her phone number on both pieces and handed them to the girls

    "That would be fun," Karin said as she scooped a chuck of ice cream onto her spoon.

    "Well, I gotta go. See ya around!" Reina said as she grabbed her bag and started walking for the door. Karin and Hina both waved bye to their new friend. This scene felt oddly familiar to Karin but she couldn't figure out why.

     "We should probably head home too," Hina said as she got up to throw away her trash. Karin nodded and followed Hina to the trash can before they started their journey to the bus stop.

     I'm back! I'm all healed up and ready to write again :3 I hope you're enjoying my story and thank you for reading~

     Next Update: July 16, 2017