Chapter Fifteen

As promised, here is the second update. We hope you guys are enjoying the book. ~Luna&Sunny

Lauren's POV

It's been a month since everything happened, Camila has been extremely protective of both me and Lucas who she never let's out of her sight.

We moved into a house down the street from my mom's, it had no stairs which I was thankful for. My parents had decided to get a divorce but still remained good friends.

Another thing I was getting used to was Lucas, don't get me wrong he's a sweet kid and I loved him dearly. It's just, he wasn't mine, he was Lucy's and it made me uneasy to think about what would have been if she would have never killed herself.

"Lolo." Lucas said, turning away from the television to look at me.

"Yes, Lucas?" I asked.

"Twell me again why you can't walk?" He asked, getting up of the floor and coming over to me. He climbed onto my lap and smiled at me.

I sighed.

"Luke, don't ask Lauren things like that." Camila said walking into the room and leaning in to kiss me.

I turn my head so she gets my cheek, looking down to avoid the hurt in her eyes.

I've been pulling away from her since the hospital, it's not that I don't love her, I'm just so confused.

Clearing her throat, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "Everyone's coming over in a ten minutes." She mumbled softly.

I nodded.

She picked Lucas up off my lap and set him down in the floor.

"Luke, watch TroTro and leave Lauren alone." She said softly before leaving the room.

I watch her leave and catch a glimpse of her lifting a hand to her eyes.

I sighed, closing my eyes to stop myself from crying. I leaned back in my chair and brought my hands up to my face, running my fingers over the scar at the side of my head and then hitting it.

A knock at the door caused me to stop just as Camila walked through the living room. I watched as she opened it to let everyone in.

"Hey," Normani said softly as she sat beside me. "How are you feeling?"

I looked down, sniffing and dropping my hands into my lap.

She puts her hand on my shoulder but I shake it off. She looks hurt before looking at Camila, staying beside me.

"She's having one of her bad days." Camila said softly, but I heard her mumble under her breath. "It's lasted a month."

Normani sighed and turned to me. "Come on Laur, cheer up. Things will get better." She said softly, smiling at me hopefully.

"Really? Because I still can't walk." I snapped out, regretting it immediately. "I'm sorry."

Camila disappeared into the kitchen before coming back with a red cup, I was suspicious about what could be in that cup as I watched her practically gulp it down.

I shook my head.

"It's okay, Laur, it's the hormones. I know that. Where's my best friend's smile." She poked my side gently.

I kept a straight face, watching Camila drink from the cup.

I watched as she scanned the room before heading back into the kitchen.

"Mani, I think she's drinking again." I said turning to look at the dark skinned girl.

"I'll go check it out, okay." She put her hand on my knee before getting up and walking to the kitchen.