Trip To Paradise

Depuis le début

I had chosen the middle seat when booking my flights last year, don't ask me why, I thought it would be a good idea to sit between two strangers; whereas this endearing guy was sat on the end on the right hand side by the window.

I shuffled into my seat breathing in as much as I could as an attempt to not show more to the unsuspecting guy in my way than he was bargained for. Why do I always end up embarrasing myself?! I sat, more like fell into my seat, now all hot and flustered as I wrestled with my luggage, knees up by my chin whilst trying to shove my bag under the seat in front, fought to take my hoodie off due to the hotflush I felt like was experiencinga due to all the comotion I was making. I tried not to make eye contact with any of the guys around me, I could feel the heat of embarrassment that had risen in my cheeks and I was not prepared to share it with anyone, let alone these boys whome looked like they'd just come out of a Vogue magazine!

I sat back looking straight ahead of me and listened to the flight attendant carefully as they went through all the safety procedures. I then grabbed my sweets for the air pressure that caused me agonising pain, my new magazine that I tried to distract myself with whilst trying to keep my flight anxiety at bay, practically burning a hole in the paper whilst trying to read "How to take your riding club horse, to the next level and affiliate" Well that won't be much good to me with my horses stuffing their faces at home for the next year whilst I'm on a voyage of self discovery. Finally beginning to get engrossed in this article I was then brought back to reality by a strangers voice...

"Hey gorgeous", said the guy on my right who was seperated from his friend on the other side of me. I looked at hime suspiciously, "woah! I was only being friendly" he laughed out loud with this infectous laugh that I couldnt help but join in with.

"Hey" I replied back, trying not to blush (the usual thing that happens whilst speaking to any guy within my age bracket)

"My names Adam, nice to meet you! Now we've got 15 hours to bond whilst my mates try to dissown me" again he laughed, I presumed he was the joker of the group. Now his friends looked at us expecting me to reply,
wait what even was my name? God these boys are already making me lose my mind and we've only just left the ground!

"My names Valentina, nice to meet you all too!" I replied rather shyly,
"Where are you from? America?" They at least sounded American,

"Yes we are! We have just started our traveling journey and our first stop was London. We had hoped to see the queen but she text me the other day saying that she had to cancel our coffee date as she had a lot of royal business to attend to, I think she said babysitting p
Prince George and Princess Charlotte" Adam explained, adding a wink at the end of his point.

"Wow! She must be a really busy lady to have to turn down someone like you!" I said, how was this coming out of my mouth! I never talk like this. I shot him a quick cheeky smile before turning my back on him to face his other friends, "so, your names are?"

"I'm Benny" said the one on the other side of me,
"My names Luca, lovely to meet you" said the heart-throb on the end, flashing me the sexiest smile I have ever seen on this planet!
With my heart in my mouth I nodded at the guy inbetween them, his floppy mousy hair curling around his eyes,
"I'm Jackson" he shyly said. He looked like those Aussie surfers you get in films. Luca was more mysterious, bad boy sort with dark brown hair and green peircing eyes as if they were emerald jewels. I couldnt keep my eyes off his. But it seemed he felt the same as he kept staring me down. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks, again!

Adam with his joker boy smile, blue eyes and brown curly hair called the air hostess over. " I'd like to buy these lovely people a round of drinks! What will it be for the lovely lady?"

"Id love a Pina Colada please" I said, barley a whisper. This is my favourite drink, why not get in the spirt if I'm about to spend two weeks on an island anyway!

The guys ordered four beers and the air hostess tottered off to get them. "Thank you Adam!" I said,
"I wouldn't of thought you were the type of girl to go for rum based cocktails" he said, again with that joker boy smile "Most girls go crazy for gin"

"Well, I'm a girl full of surprises! And most certainly not like other girls" I glanced a quick look over at Luca, who again returned the look.

"Luca loves surprises" he replies smirkely. He must of seen the moment between us earlier on!

The waitress comes back and hands us our drinks, "now I hope you lot dont go to wild!" She says with a worried expression on her face,
"Dont you worry, I'll keep a check on them" I replied. What on earth was going through my mind?! This new authoritive and cheeky me was awsome!

"So T, I can call you that right?" Adam asks,
"T is a new one but sure go ahead! After this flight I won't be seeing you again."
"And that is exactly what I want to know. Where are you staying for your trip? Fiji isn't a massive place so we are expected to bump into eachother" he replys,

"I'm house sharing with some other holiday maker's, Just trying to keep my travel costs down you know?" I said trying to justify my reasons on why I thought it would be a good idea to house share with four other randomers for two weeks being a young woman on my own, brave or stupid?

"We're house sharing too! But only with one other person" we both look at eachother now, both thinking the same...
"Wait what is the name of the house you're sharing?" I ask,
"Paradise lodge, right on the sea front," he replies, a lot more serious now,
"OMG. I guess I better get used to your jokes then." I said not believing it. How am I going to survive for two weeks in a house with these guys and with heart-throb Luca?
I turned around to him for the breifest of seconds where our eyes connected, and a slight smirk appeared on his lips with a glint in his emerald green eyes, as if he knew exactly what was going through my mind. I bet now is my chance to live a little and take risks? as I gave him a smile back.