Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to homeschooler15

"Well... I was patrolling the City of Love," He gave her a sly grin.

"Were you now?" Marinette asked, with her hands on her hips. The boy merely shrugged, which did not help her mood.

"Just go Chat," she sighed,"I've got a ton of confusing stuff going on right now."

"Oh? Well, I would imagine knowing Ladybug's secret identity wouldn't help..." His eyes widened at himself in shock, why had he said that?!

"W-what do,'' Marinette swallowed uneasily,"You mean?"

Chat sighed,"Guess the cat's out of the bag now... I overheard you talking to someone, saying you know who Ladybug is."

"It...could've been anyone?" Marinette asked, hesitantly.

"At your own house?" He cocked an eyebrow at her.

Marinette grit her teeth, what did she do now? "Excuse me, I need to get home..."

"Of course! Let me escort you," Without another word, Chat had the girl firmly in his hands as he jumped onto the roofs.

"WAH- CHAT PUT ME DOWN!!" The poor girl shrieked, but fell on deaf ears.

******

"So... Ladybug must trust you a lot if you know her identity," Chat Noir said, as he sat down on Marinette's bed.

"Y-you could say that, I guess..." Marinette fidgeted with her fingers, not quite meeting his eyes.

"Guess she doesn't trust me then, huh?" Chat sighed sadly, putting his head down in his hands.

The dark-haired girl frowned,"Why do you say that- oh." She suddenly realized why he felt that way, ''Well, it's not really like that..." He thought Ladybug trusted Marinette more than him.

"What is it like then?" The boy superhero asked glumly.

"She's different when she's not playing a superhero, very different... And well, she is kinda embarrassed about it. If you knew who she was...you wouldn't look at her the same way you do now," Marinette got up and walked to her window, looking out at the city.

"Maybe for anyone else, that would be true... but I couldn't feel any different about her- I love her," He got up and stood next to the girl,"And I know, she doesn't feel the same... but I'll always be there for her."

"You know, if she wasn't...already in love, she would have fallen for you too," Marinette said quietly.

It was silent for a long moment, before he broke it again,"Who does she love?"

"Adrien Agreste," She whispered, not willing to look at Chat's face. She didn't want to see him more crestfallen.

Little did she know... Chat Noir was in stunned silence. And then he felt like crying- she technically loved him...but didn't at the same time. Yet she was also attracted to his superhero self...

"Well... I, er. Got to go!!" Chat launched himself away, not even giving Marinette time to respond.

"Oh! Don't worry, I won't ask about her secret identity- not against her wishes," With that he was gone.

Leaving Marinette speechless.

"Y'know Tikki, I sometimes wish Chat was Adrien..." She sighed.

Her kwami face-palmed behind her, praying this would be the only oblivious Ladybug and Chat Noir she would have to deal with.

******

Sorry I took forever to update, Hope you guys enjoyed it!! Please:

Vote

Comment

Let me know what you think!!

:-) Have a lovely day!! ~LanonaWalker

Word Count: 517