Chapter 1.

To start off, my name is Ashley. Ashley Marie Underwood. I've been in and out of foster homes all my life, since birth actually. I was a ''dumpster baby''. After I was born, I was dumped into a dumpster by my birth mother and I was on the verge of death. From what I've been told, I was found crying for food and an older lady found me. I was blue and cold and brought to the hospital for further inspection. I had no internal or outer damage. The only thing I had with me was my birth certificate.

Me obviously only being a few days old at the time, had no control of anything that was happening to me. The authorities searched for my birth mother and she ended up committing suicide from Post Pardon Depression. It's depression after having a baby.

After being all checked out of the hospital, I was put into a foster home. I was moved around a lot and every place I've been to has never been home, just a temporary home and it's not where I belong. I'm pretty sure this is my 13th foster home. It's going to be my first day and it's just the same every time, just different people.

I just want a normal life with a normal family and I just want somebody to love me. Is that to much to ask? I'm only 15 years old and I guess this is what I call normal. I get off from my bed and walk over to my closet. I take everything that's mine and I put it into my suit cases. I do the same to my dressers. Whatever that doesn't fit into my cases; I put into garbage bags. This is the same routine I do almost every year.

"You almost done?" Brianna asked, popping her head into my room-well old room. Brianna was my foster mom. She is such a great person but she only takes care of kids up to a certain age.

"Yeah, just packing up my things." I say closing my dresser and smiling at her.

"Okay, we'll leave when you're ready." She left heading down the stairs.

When I realized no one was around, I head over to my old bed and I lift up the mattress. There, I find my white envelope. It's my money that I've been saving since..god knows when. I've never counted how much I actually have because I shared a room. I never wanted to risk the chance of people finding out I have money, it could've gotten stolen.

I take the envelope and hide it away into my suit case wrapped it into a shirt.

I take a look around my old room and look to see if I've missed anything then I spot my hospital picture along with a picture of the lady that saved me. I really hope I can find her and thank her one day for what she has done for me.

I put my North Face on, take my belongings, and head down the stairs. To be honest, I'm going to miss living here. Moving around sucks and I barely make any friends. I'm used to being alone but having a friend here and there would mean the world to me.

I put my belongings by the door and I go into the kitchen to find Brianna sitting at the table with a tissue in her hand.

"What's wrong?" I ask curiously.

"It's just, I'm going to miss you so much. I won't be able to have contact with you anymore but this is just so hard!" She engulfed me in a hug, I hug back. I'm going to miss her to really.

"I'm going to miss you too." I admit.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked with her hands on my shoulder.

I take a deep breathe and nod.

"Okay, lets get going then." We head to the door and grab my things and we out them in the trunk of the car.

While driving down the road, we stop at a stop sigh. "I have something for you." Brianna says handing me a oink envelope. I look at her in a questioning look.

"Don't open it now." She says. "Wait till later." She smiles and starts driving again.

"Where am I going to go now?" I ask.

''I'm seriously not suppose to say anything but you're being adopted." I look at her shocked; on the verge of tears.

"Wha-what?" I asked mad at what I'm hearing.

"I'm sorry hun, you're 15 years old and I think you should be in a stable house, with a stable family, and I think you should have a normal life for once. I know you life hasn't been what you wanted it to be but now you can start over, a fresh start, and you can live a life you've always wanted to live."

I have nothing to say. I just look out the window and sigh.

*******************

We keep driving until we come to a complete stop...at an airport?

"What are we doing here?"

"You have a 10:00 PM plane to catch."

"What are you talking about? A plane to where?!" I asked angry.

"Let's get your bags." She said changing the subject.

I groaned and reluctantly got out of the car to get my stuff.

We soon entered the airport lobby and walked up to the desk.

"Hello how may I help you?" the lady said.

"One ticket that's reserved under the name "Underwood"." Brianna said with a smile.

"Oh yes. One ticket to the UK." My jaw drops. The UK?!?!

"Here's the ticket. Have a safe flight!" she said with a smile upon her face.

"So.. my new family is in the UK? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked while we walked to the place where I board the plane.

"I didn't want you to get upset or anything." She sighed.

I don't blame her for not telling me because now I'm actually upset. I wish I could stay here. I've never left the country before.

"Oh." Is all I said back to her.

We reach the plane boarding area and we stopped.

"Well, this is it, but before you go, I want to give you thing little goodbye present." She reaches into her purse and pulls out a box.

"Open it on the plane. I'm sure you'll need it. oh and I almost forgot." she reaches back into her bag and pulls out a manilla envelope. "Open this on the plane too." she said, tears brimming her eyes along with mine.

"I'm going to miss you." I said hugging Brianna.

"I'll miss you too Ashley. This will probably be the last time we ever see each other." she started to cry.

"Flight 308 is now boarding. Flight 308." That was the intercom.

"I guess this is it."

We break apart and I take my things heading on the plane. I don't look back knowing that if I do I'll start crying and I don't want that at all. I have to be strong no matter what.

I give the flight attendant my ticket and in seat 34D.

I'm on the plane and I find my seat I put my items away in the area above me but I keep out the box and envelopes I was given.

Moments later, the flight attendant appeared.

"Hello everyone. Please fasten your seat belts and prepare for departure. Thank you." I strap on my seat belt and realise no ones sitting next to me-thank god.

I decide to open the box first and what I find is an iPod 5 in blue. She's seriously the best! I turn the iPod on and on it was all my favourite songs! I was so grateful to have Brianna.

I set it aside and open the manilla envelope. In it was just letters she wrote to me and some of my personal information.

I finally was able to open the envelope, in that was cash. I decided not to count it on the plane. I can add it to the rest of my collection.

I put everything away and put my headphones in.

Well this is it, a new start, a new me. Just another temporary home.