Chapter Three - The Interview

Shay’s POV

“Will you please state your name and age?” Regina asked as the camera men adjusted the cameras to match my position on the couch.

“Shay Ryder, twenty-two years old.” I replied in a bored tone.

“Shay what do you think sets you apart from the other contestants?”

“I’ve never met the other contestants so I couldn’t tell you.” I watched Regina set her lips in a hard line clearly not happy with my first answer.

“What would you say is your best quality?”

“My honesty.”

“And what would you say is your worst quality?”

“My honesty.” I replied again.

“Could you please explain?” The annoyance in her voice was clear when she asked the question.

“It's my best quality because you can always count on me to tell the truth but at the same time I can be brutally honest and you might not like what I have to say.” Clearly the last part applied to the situation at hand and with the nod she gave in response if I had to guess she would agree.

“What is your favorite football team?”

“I don’t follow sports so I don’t have one.”

“Ok, I will just skip the next three questions then.” She looked relieved at that. “Maserati or Bugatti?” She asked instead.

“Seriously? What kind of questions are these?” I asked but only got a shrug in response from Regina. “Bugatti, hands down.” I answered; really there wasn’t any comparison between the two so it was an easy answer.