Confusion - S2 One-Shot

Sky walked through the Capital's twisting corridors, mentally memorizing the new layout. A small red dragon was curled around his neck. The rest of the Council was in the Moirai's office, reluctantly receiving the remaining portion of their instructions, and the other gods and Creators were in the ballroom, likely failing to keep the peace.

Sky had left in a hurry once he spotted the Moirai. He had no loyalty toward his father's creator despite the amount of trust and respect Herobrine had for them. He missed his father dearly, and seeing the Moirai reopened those old scars.

He snapped to attention as he finally heard footsteps ahead of him. He sighed in relief. Perhaps they could help him find his way around this maze of halls. "We'll be okay, Lilah," he said softly, stroking the dragon's scaly head.

A figure appeared from around the corner. Sky froze as he stared at those familiar white eyes. "Father...?"

Herobrine glanced at Sky in confusion. There was no one else nearby, just him and Sky. "Excuse me?"

Sky's eyes widened as he noticed the crimson-tipped black wings and tail dragging behind Herobrine. "You have wings?! When did you get wings, Father?" Lilah began to growl, curling tighter around Sky.

Herobrine laughed nervously, adjusting the small child in his arms. "I think you have the wrong person, kid."

Sky frowned. "No, you're Herobrine, god of the Nether and one of three Creators of Minecraftia. You're my father."

Herobrine shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I've never seen you before in my life. There's no way I could be your father."

Sky stepped back in shock. Tears formed in his eyes. "B-but, how? How are you even standing here before me? A-am I dreaming?"

Herobrine shrugged, now wary of the golden-eyed Brine. "Sorry kid, I'd love to stay and help but I need to get Lilah to bed and get some rest. Maybe Notch or Steve can help when they arrive?"

Sky's heart skipped a beat. "They're here too...?"

"Not yet, but they'll be here soon."

Sky suddenly narrowed his eyes. "Wait a second, who is Lilah?"

Herobrine smiled and set the young child in his arms on the floor. The girl yawned, sleepy bronze eyes nearly closed. She leaned on Herobrine for support, looking curiously up at Sky. "This is Lilah," Herobrine said softly. "She may be a handful from time to time, but I wouldn't trade her for anyone in the world."

Sky nearly choked on his next words. "W-what's your relation to her?"

Herobrine cautiously picked up Lilah, wings bristling and tail deadly still. "She's my daughter. Why do you ask?"

Sky glared at Herobrine. "Who's the mother?"

Herobrine flushed and stammered. He nearly dropped the young girl in surprise.

"SKY!"

Sky whirled around to see the furious Moirai and a shocked Council standing behind him. Atropos glared daggers at Sky. "Come here, Sky. Now."

Sky stomped his way to the Moirai. He glared back at Atropos. "Yes, my lady?"

Herobrine growled softly at Sky's sarcastic response. He held Lilah tighter, protecting her from the unfamiliar gods.

The Council gave Herobrine an odd look before returning their attention to the Moirai and Sky.

"Selene, follow Herobrine and explain everything to him. Tell him as much as you wish, I will join you both after I deal with Sky." Atropos snatched Sky's arm and led the protesting demigod away.

A wolf hybrid gave Herobrine an apologetic look and motioned for him to lead the way. Herobrine slowly resumed walking to his private wing he shared with Notch and Steve, utterly bewildered by the young demigod that claimed to be his son.