Chapter 9- Don't Leave Me

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a few days since Jack and I argued. He stayed sleeping on the couch every night since then. It made me feel a little bad. But what was I supposed to do? He was acting like a total idiot. I just wanted to spend some time with a friend! But instead Jack comes into everything with his jealous self and had to ruin a perfectly good day. I mean, what's so bad about having a guy friend. Plus, I do live with Jack so I see him whenever we are at home. And we both work from home so technically we are with each other about all day.

Now whenever Jack and I are in the same room together it gets really awkward. He gives me this really sad, betrayed look that I can't help but pity him. But I swear, everything that has brought us here is his attitude and actions. I have just lived my life. Sure I made a friend along the way, but that's normal! What, am I not allowed to have friends now? I guess in this relationship I can't.

As much as I might dislike the position I am in right now with Jack, I'm quiet sure I want to break up with him though. I still like him for who he is. But lately, and especially the other night, he has made me feel really uncomfortable with his behavior and actions.  And boyfriends aren't supposed to make their partners feel uncomfortable. 

So now I'm stuck here, lost in thought as I try to ignore my alarm clock going off beside me, where i have to wake up to another empty and cold bed. Eventually i was able to convince myself to get up and make breakfast and start another incredibly awkward day.

Usually when I was up and come out to the living room Jack is already up and either sitting on the couch scrolling through an app, or is up making breakfast for himself. However, this morning he was no where to be found. But I brushed it off as he is an adult and if he wanted to go somewhere then he has to freedom to do whatever he wants to do. 

So i just proceeded to go along with my usual daily routine. Until I got a text from Connor.

Connor: Hey! :)

Me: Hey, what's up?

Connor: Are you free later today?

Me: Yep

Connor: Cool :) You wanna come over and try out this new game with me?

Me: Sure! Ill be over at 4?

Connor: Ok, see you then!

Me: See ya! :) 

Just as I was putting my phone down, I heard the front door open.

"Good morning," Jack said as he entered

"Good morning" I replied, then we just sat in silence for a second, "Where have you been?"

"Oh, I just stepped out to get some fresh air and I didn't feel like making my own breakfast so I dropped by the cafe,"

"Ok, well then, I'll just," I turned to go to the bathroom to take a shower and continue to get ready for the day

"Wait, (y/n)," I stopped in my tracks, "I.....I am sorry about the other night. I got carried away and let my emotions get the best of me," I turned around

"It's ok," I forced a smile, "I accept your apology," he smiled. That smile, that always seemed to comfort me and make me feel better even on my toughest days. For the first time in my life, I didn't know how I should feel about that smile. But I settled on the fact that that smile was mine to enjoy, so why should I feel concerned about how I feel about it? 

"Ok, we are good now right?"

"I guess, yah we are. You can come back to the bed...if you want....tonight," I then ran away to the bathroom before he could say anything else. I mean, the bed has been cold and empty, I can't even imagine how cold Jack must have felt on the couch.