"I love the cello" (final)

Zacznij od początku

Their beach day was, other than that incident, entirely pleasant and long overdue. Seeing Maggie so in her element was nice for Alex, and she could now cross 'learn to surf from a hot cop in a bikini' off her bucket list. Police work was the only other task Alex had seen her completely enthralled by, and fighting crime was how they fell in love to begin with, so watching her concentrate so intently only expanded Alex's affection. It was relatively rare too for Maggie to have the upper hand on Alex at any skill, and she relished that sense of mastery. Spending entire consecutive days together was a pleasant change of pace for them, and they'd likely be doing it more often upon their return.

Quite unexpectedly, Maggie halted and gripped Alex's forearm. She had no time to question her sudden actions before Maggie kissed her, running one hand through her hair to push it behind her ear and pulling her waist in close. Alex was surprised and did not mind at all, raising both hands to either side of Maggie's face to make the slightest contact. Maggie pulled back for one second and shifted her hand, curling her fingers gently around the back of Alex's neck to kiss her again; Alex's lips parted and she smiled into the next one. She lightly held suction on Maggie's bottom lip, releasing it as she pulled away, holding each other in the middle of the path.

"What was that about," whispered Alex, her forehead against Maggie's and thumb gently stroking her skin.

"I don't know, I felt like it." Maggie shamelessly grinned. Spontaneous PDA was out of character for her, and the impulse caught them both off guard. Fellow guests didn't seem to notice their intimate moment, and those who did gave them a few looks; Maggie didn't care, and kissed Alex again. Alex reached her hand out for Maggie to take and strolled through the lobby.

---

"I love you so much," Alex whispered against Maggie's neck, releasing a breath and gripping her back with both hands. Clothing trailed like bread crumbs from the door to the bed and Alex undid the clasp of Maggie's bra, gazing up at the woman who straddled her waist. She threw it aside and sat back against the headboard, pulling Maggie with her to rejoin their lips. Maggie groaned softly as Alex placed kisses down her neck and gently bit her collarbone; her hand slid up Maggie's toned frame and grazed her right breast, encouraged by her sharp intake of breath and causing Maggie to roll her head back. Alex grinned against her skin and laced her hand in Maggie's hair, holding her neck up and pulling her closer. With only ten minutes until their dinner reservations, Alex reluctantly paused and met Maggie's eyes.

"Sorry, babe, we gotta get dressed..." Alex slid out from underneath her and Maggie groaned.

"Danvers, you're such a tease!" Maggie begrudgingly rose from the bed and splashed some cold water on her face. Alex joined her in the bathroom wearing a floral summer dress, which rested asymmetrically as she struggled with the zipper; Maggie took the cue and did it up for her. Topless still, she passed Alex and headed for her drawers.

"Love your outfit, Mags," Alex called, with two hair clips between her teeth, "a little too much."

Maggie scoffed loudly enough for Alex to hear and re-emerged moments later in an olive green cotton jumper, pulling up knee-high socks as she walked. She grabbed her loose cardigan and a floppy hat from the closet by the door, adjusting it in the mirror beside Alex.

"And you say my outfits are gay..." Alex smirked and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek. The clip on one of her shoes was jammed, so she had to wear strappy sandals while Maggie sported a pair of heeled ankle boots; she looked hot, and they both knew it. Following the sound of a cello and flute duet lightly serenading other patrons, they made their way to the pavilion for dinner.

---

Buffet-style delicacies fueled the two for a later walk along the beach. It being their last night, Alex decided to spend as much of it enjoying the climate and natural scenery as they could before returning to the cold, urban landscape of National City. A classical sonata could be faintly heard from the dining room as they left a path of footprints in the sand. Soft humming registered in Alex's ears and she turned to face Maggie, a layer of her well-kept past unfolding as she exactly matched each note; Maggie noticed her staring and went quiet, looking at her feet and then back ahead.