Chapter 5: True Colours

Start from the beginning

"Malia?" she said and broke the silence.

"Yeah?" I answered and glanced over at her.

"I think I own you an apology." she said and glanced straight at me.

"For what if I may ask?" I said confused and frowned.

"For everything. I've been treating you so mean even though you've been nothing but kind. It's just... There's a reason but..." she said and tried to explain but I stopped her.

"No Lydia it's fine okay. I know you've been through a lot and I understand okay? Because so have I." I told her calmly and took one of her hands into mine.

"I bet you wanna know what happened to her right?" she asked and I could see a sad smile.

"If I am honest, yes, yes I do." I said honestly.

"Okay. So Allison Argent was her name and she was my girlfriend for two years. The two first years of high school. We were so close Malia, so close. I had never loved anyone like I loved her and at least she told me the same. On our two year anniversary she gave me the picture with the note on it and she took me to a date. Her idea of date though, oh boy. She thought it would be exciting to go eat out on the treehouse, which I had no problem with. But she also wanted to see one of the abandoned houses of Beacon Hills in the middle of the woods. She said she would keep me safe and she did Malia, she did. That trip caused her life. She fell down to a deep whole on the floor and her neck broke. I called an ambulance but there was nothing to do anymore." she said and whispered the last words.

But to my surprise there were no tears.

"I... Lydia I am so sorry." I said and looked at her sadly.

"It's okay Malia. It felt good to finally tell the truth." she said.

"I bet Scott and Stiles would like to hear that too you know?" I mentioned.

"Yes I think you're right. I own an apology for those two too." she said.

Just after she had said that I pulled us to the house of her's.

"Would you maybe like to spend the night together?" I asked a little concerned of her.

"No." she just said back to her old and little rude self.

"Wait what happened? Like literally seconds ago you were all smiles and now this? Lydia why are you like this?" I asked starting to lose my temperature with her tricks.

"You wouldn't get it. I don't even know why I thought you would for a second." she said with her eyes flaming.

"Lydia you're being childish I-" I started but she didn't let me finish.

"Leave me alone Malia!" she just murmured and took of her seat belt.

The next thing I knew was that she stood out of the car and started to run to the opposite way where we had just came.

"Lydia what the f*ck?!" I shouted and she just showed her middle finger to me.

"You know I can catch you with your freaking car right?!" I shouted again but she just continued running.

"Fine." I huffed and just sat in the car thinking about what had just happened.

Lydia's POV:

I ran straight to the cliff near the end of Beacon Hills. The ocean was giving me so much comfort. The waves crashed to the shore and the cold yet fresh ocean air was blowing my hair into a mess. I took a deep breath and yelled from the bottom of my lungs: