Chapter 21: The Uchiha Prodigy [Shippuden]

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry but I can't. I've been put in charge of the chunin exams; it's a big fat drag but there it is. I mean I'd like to lend a hand for old times' sake and everything but these days it seems my time isn't mine anymore. Besides the fifth Hokage appointed me, she'd kill me if I gave it up to go with you." I released a heavy sigh.

"You don't want to get on her bad side, she's worse than my mother." I noticed his face drop into a pout.

"And here I thought hey Shikamaru can help me since no one else can. You might even get to see Rin out of it." I tensed as I looked at him.

"What?" He shrugged.

"Rin, she's in the sand village right now but she also trains under Orochimaru and that's where we're heading."

"Why is she in the sand? Was she part of the attack?" Naruto chuckled and shook his head.

"Nah, not Rin. She helped us save Gaara and now they're dating or something."

"Rin and the Kazekage?" He nodded.

"Yeah, she helped to defend the village and all so Gaara pardoned her and she's allowed in the Sand.  Oh, and they cured her to you know, so no more coughing up her insides." I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and felt seconds from fainting as I took slow breaths.

"H-How is she?" He grinned.

"She looked good, she doesn't look much like Sasuke or  Itachi anymore so that's a plus" He said with a slight chuckle.

"She's gotten more powerful though. You should see her dark ninjutsu and she's fast like super fast. She's gotten smarter too, probably enough to take you on. It's not surprising that she's with Gaara now." He went on, completely oblivious to the fact of what was racing through my head. I knew she would be gone a while, I knew she would reveal herself as a criminal but I never expected this. It seemed so out of place, so not Rin to drag others into her life right now. I had to turn from Naruto as I clenched my fists. It wasn't supposed to be like this, it wasn't supposed to hurt this much when I heard that Rin was with someone else.

Rin

I had to push Gaara back with a little force. The heat between us was intense and I could feel my body tremble but it was starting to get a little too warm for me. I felt a tingle run down my spine when I felt his lips on my neck and for a second my mind went blank until I heard the faint noise of a zipper being unzipped. I caught his wrist and put a firm hand on his chest.

"Gaara stop" I finally managed. I heard him release a soft sigh but he placed a kiss on my forehead before rolling over to lie next to me. I released a heavy breath calming myself before I re-zipped the front of my top.

"Too much?" He asked. 

"No, it's just that it's only been a few weeks. Just give us some time okay?" I heard him chuckle slightly as he leaned over and kissed my cheek. His hand took my chin as he leaned in for another kiss. 

"Alright." I jumped slightly when the doors burst open and Gaara immediately let me go. I couldn't help but laugh slightly as Kankuro walked in with a hand over his eyes.

"Is everyone decent?" He asked dramatically.

"No sorry" I replied and he chuckled.

"I don't mind if you aren't, I'd just rather not see my little bro" I rolled my eyes as I slipped out of the bed.

"We're both decent," Gaara said with a sigh as he pulled his shirt back on and Kankuro uncovered his eyes.

"Why are you here?" Gaara asked, not hiding his annoyance and Kankuro held up a scroll.

"This just arrived for Rin" I caught the scroll and suppressed a sigh as I looked at the sound village seal. I guess every good time has to come to an end at some point. I opened the scroll and bit into my thumb letting the blood drop onto the paper and watched as the blood moved across the scroll melting into words.

You have two days to return Princess. Do not keep me waiting. I sighed as I closed the scroll and let it drop to the floor as it burst into a blue flame and faded into dust. I glanced at Kankuro, then finally at Gaara.

"I have to go."

"Go?" I nodded as I pulled on my sandals.

"Orochimaru wants me back, ASAP."

"Do you have to go so soon?" I nodded as I looked around from my belt, finding it on the floor on the other side of the bed. I connected it around my waist then ran my fingers through my hair to smooth it out.

"Yes, I'm sorry Gaara but I was supposed to be back last week and if the Akatsuki finds out I've been here for so long they'll get suspicious. I still have to find this Sai kid." I explained as I tied my headband to my forehead.

"So you're leaving to kill someone?" I sighed as I took my Katana from the wall and slid it into my belt.

"I'm still an assassin Gaara, we've been through this." I argued as I pulled on my gloves.

"Alright well this looks like awkward conversation time, so I'm going to head out. It was nice having you around Rin." I waved as he left and closed the doors behind him.

"I don't want you to go" He started and I sighed as I rested my hand on my Katana.

"I can't just run away from the world Gaara. My time here has been great and I've never felt safer but this isn't the only part of my life. I thought you understood that." He sighed as he watched me with those intense eyes.

"I do understand Rin, I just don't like it" I smiled slightly as I walked over to him.

"I will be back you know, and you do have a village to run mister Kazekage" He sighed lightly.

"I know."

"I really have to go. My brother and psycho are waiting"

"Take care of yourself then, please. Don't give me a reason to have to suddenly go after you." I laughed slightly and flexed.

"I think I can take care of myself." He rolled his eyes but I could see the amused smile on his lips before he leaned down to press them against mine.

"Be careful." I nodded.

"I will. See you in a few weeks Gaara" He smiled slightly and I kissed him one last time before walking from the room. I sighed as I walked down the hall and jumped out an open window. The sun was high in the sky, probably a bad time to start traveling but I needed the time. I sped over rooftops pushing off one of the higher buildings and flipping midair to land on the village gates. I looked back out over the village; I was starting to get tired of this leaving thing.