·{ A Chance Ruined }·

Start from the beginning

He placed his hand on my forehead, "actually, yes. Are you feeling alright?" I lifted my head from his shoulder once he dropped his hand. I assessed how I felt, but I felt nothing wrong.

"I'm fine?" I didn't even know my forehead was warm. Am I sick without knowing it? Or do I just have a very hot forehead...

I shook my head to be rid of the thoughts that were distracting me. "Anyways, want to go for a walk?"

Jonathan hummed in contemplation before giving a nod and standing up. He offered me a hand up, which I gladly accepted with a teasing comment of: "what a gentleman."

He chuckled, shaking his head ad he began to walk to the sidewalk.

The sidewalk he was walking to lead off into a nice little forest, one I used to play in all the time whenever Mr. Nelson took me here. I smiled at the memory as I caught up to Jonathan.

We walked side by side in silence; eventually entering the forest, away from everyone else view. My hand twitched, I suddenly had the urge to grab his hand, but to my surprise I didn't have to act on it. He was the one who took my hand in his.

I looked down at our intertwined fingers, smiling as our hands swung together. This made me happy. He made me happy.

My eyes traveled to his face, watching as he kept his attention on where we were walking. I noticed things such as the light freckles that decorated his nose, how long his eyelashes were, the small barely noticeable scar on his jaw.

"Like whatcha see?" His voiced made my eyes snap away from his jaw and I blushed.

"Yeah." I answered honestly and that seemed to catch him off guard big time. Our walking pace slowed to a stop and he turned his torso towards me.

"What?" His brows furrowed as he questioned me and I gave an awkward smile as I felt the blush deepen. What if he thought I was disgusting?

"I said yeah. I like what I see." I bit my lip nervously as I waited for his disgust. Instead, his face flooded with color and I laughed. I stepped back slightly, but then I felt the pull and I looked down at our hands. They were still intertwined.

I gazed back at Jonathan and his face was still as red as a tomato. He looked adorable. I glanced around, checking to see if anyone was around before I took a chance.

A chance that could cost me a friend.

I kissed him.

At first, he was frozen and I was about to pull away when he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me back.

Tingles spread throughout my body as butterflies erupted in my stomach. Not the bad kind of butterflies, but the butterflies that warm your heart.

I wrapped my arms around his neck after a while, pulling him closer (if possible) and deepening the kiss.

Our moment was interrupted by a wolf whistle and I reluctantly ripped myself away from him, looking over to see Tyler and Craig standing there.

Tyler was laughing as Craig smiled at us. "Sorry!" Craig sheepishly said as he elbowed Tyler. The taller male stepped behind Craig, wrapping his arms around him in a hug and whispering something into his ear. Whatever Tyler had said made Craig look like a burning tomato.

This making me laugh. I looked over at Jonathan who was smiling at the two.

"Anyway gay boys, the guys are getting ready to go." Tyler chuckled before turning around with his arms still wrapped around Craig and walking back to the beach.

"Ok. Come on, gay boy." I laughed, taking Jonathan's hand in mine and dragging him along with me.

"Who are you calling gay boy, gay boy?" Jonathan smiled as he fell in foot with me.

------------

I had called Mr. Nelson to pick us all up and he did. He had dropped everyone off at their separate houses and now we were on our way to the mansion.

When we got there the doors opened and in entered my parents, surprising me.

"Evan." My mother acknowledged with a nod of her head as she put her purse on her lap.

"Mom...?" I squinted my eyes with suspicion and she gave me a big smile. Something very unnerving.

The limo started moving, confusing me even more.

"Where are we going?" I shifted uncomfortably between my parents. My eyes switching between both if them. Neither were looking at me anymore. They were both staring forwards, giving me the creeps.

"Well, we have volunteered you for something. You have no say in the matter so don't bother trying to argue our decision." My father partly explained. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, this time the nervous ones.

"What?"

"We volunteered you for a research project. One of our business partners was looking for people to volunteer. They specifically said ones who were still growing." My mother explained further, making those butterflies go crazy.

"What kind of project?" I quizzed worriedly.

My mother looked down at me, that unnerving smile yet again on her face, "you'll see, honey."

The limo stopped and entered three other families. My heart stopping when I saw Brock, Tyler, and Lui looking just as confused and frightened as I felt.

Their parents were also there with them, being to converse with each other.

My confusion deepened.

What the hell was going on?