assistant

I'm literally horrible at coming up with titles for these lol

anyway I think this is my favorite one yet and also !!! guess who got tickets to see her man AND graduated high school yesterday !! 😩

please comment & vote & request if you want

+

"Ava, have you seen the folder with all the sales for last quarter in it? I just bloody fucking saw it..." the man with the piercing green eyes grumbled, frustration clouding his strong features as he rummaged through his desk.

His entire aura, from the broad pull of his shoulders to the sharp set of his jaw, radiated the same confidence and intimidation as always. However, Ava had been working for him long enough to notice that something about him was off today; he was constantly running his hand through his gelled hair, mussing up the strands even further, and his fingers were rolling his plump bottom lip between them. He was anxious. She had never seen him like this before and it made her uneasy, not knowing what to expect.

"No, Mr. Styles," Ava replied after a moment. She stood in front of his desk with her binder held against her chest and her purse over her shoulder. "I can print you up another copy when we arrive in Los Angeles. We really need to get going so we don't miss our flight."

Her boss closed his eyes briefly, sitting back in his chair as he flared his nostrils and released a sigh. "There won't be time for that when we arrive," Harry pinched the bridge of his nose. "I need the folder now. I need to review it. Are you sure you didn't put it somewhere? You're always fuckin' touching my things-"

"Sir, when have I ever moved any of your papers? I simply organize them when you ask me to," she said calmly, restraining from having an edge to her voice. After three years of being his assistant, she had grown used to his bad moods and the way he directed it at whoever was closest to him in the moment. Unfortunately, this meant that Ava had to endure the infamous Styles temper more often than most and in turn, develop a strong patience for it.

"Yeah, well," he dragged a hand over the light hair that peppered his jaw and huffed, "Maybe you picked it up by mistake."

"I didn't. It will only take a few minutes to make another copy when we land, sir. I'm sure Mr. Goldfrey will understand, now we really need to-"

"Understand?" Harry scoffed bitterly. He gave her a pointed look, his gaze cold and stony and urging her teeth to graze the inside of her cheek. "You do realize this is one of the most established entrepreneurs in California that we are meeting with, yes? If I fuck this up- if you fuck this up, Ava..."

The gravel of his voice was sharp like glass. She swallowed. "I understand very well, Mr. Styles," Ava gave him a nod. "You know I am just trying to help in the best way that I can."

"Well, try harder."

His harsh words failed to have the same effect on her as they once did. Harry was hardly the kind of person who used compliments and respect to earn his way through life; he had been raised- bred- to prefer intimidation and coldness, a combination that Ava figured was what had made him so successful in following his father's footsteps. It didn't make him much of a joy to work for, though, and if she wasn't so desperate for the money and in a comfortable position where she knew that he would never fire her, then she probably would have quit after the first few months. It really wasn't so bad now that she had learned his habits and signs- she knew not to raise her voice, or to express her irritation. She had to simply be patient and calm and never once threaten or question him. If there was one thing she had learned in the past few years being his assistant, it was that Mr. Styles did not respond well to his ego being challenged.