Tirithiel and Eruanna

Start from the beginning

I give her one of my silk nightgowns to wear until we could pick her up some of her own. We laid down and I heard her breathing become light and steady. Cute.

I woke before Eruanna, and decided to let her sleep a bit. I jumped in the bath, got dressed, and when I left the washroom, I found Eruanna up, dressed and ready for training. I smiled, the uniform looked good on her, fitting the curves of her body perfectly.

“Are you ready?” I questioned.

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” she replied cheerfully. How could she be so happy all the time?

We hurried to the training room so we could get some time in without other warriors disturbing us.

“Okay, first: hand to hand combat. Show me what you’ve got,” I stated, waiting for her attack.

She ran at me throwing a punch aiming for my right side. I dive rolled away, dropping my guard only for a second to regain my balance. In that time, she got behind me with an arm wrapped around my neck. Before she was able to get an arm around my waist, I flipped her over my head. I quickly move around her startled form, straddling her hips, one hand pinning her arms above her head, the other pushing her head to the floor with my forearm at her throat.

We were both breathing hard and I couldn’t stop staring at her and she stared back. Her face was so close to mine and my every instinct was telling me to kiss her. Once I finally came to my senses, I hopped off of her and we sat across from each other.

“Not too bad. You’re fast, and that will be useful,” I compliment her.

“Not too bad yourself, Tirithiel,” she giggled.

“First rule of hand to hand combat, you need to figure out your opponents weaknesses before they figure out yours. Your first mistake was showing which side you were going to lead your punch with. Don’t look where you aim to hit, know where you want to hit, and feign to another place.

“Your second mistake was wrapping your arm around my neck before securing me in place. Here, stand up,” I say, motioning for her to come towards me. I wrap my arm around her neck like she did to me just minutes ago.

“See how easy it is to get away in those few seconds before I can get my arm around your waist? Now if you do this,” I explained, placing my arm tightly around her waist and taking away the arm around her neck, “it’s more difficult to get out of, and while you are struggling to get out I can quickly get an arm around your neck, so now I will have a more secure grip,” I stated while Eruanna nodded, taking in my advice. I then release her from my grasp.

“Your third mistake was not recovering immediately after I flipped you. It made it extremely easy to pin you. Got it?” She nodded. I pointed out a few more small mistakes before moving on.

As time went on, more and more people came and went to train. I taught Eruanna a few more things. She was observing me intently the entire time. I started to wonder if she could sense my attraction to her and I prayed she couldn’t. Soon, it got late so she decided to go back to our shared chamber to rest and I went off to find Tiatha, who I had seen training earlier.

Before I could find Tiatha, I ran into Seirye, another warrior from my rank. “Tirithiel, Lord Mithral would like to speak to you.” Twice in a week? It’s probably just about Eruanna.

“Alright, could you find Tiatha so I can speak to her after?” I ask politely. She nodded and we parted ways.

I knocked on the doors of the throne room and this time when they opened, it was only Lord Mithral. “My lord,” I said, bowing.