prologue

"You're just going to sleep?" Harry asked, watching as she spread her arms out and flopped backwards onto the queen mattress on display.

She glanced over at him, her dark hair laying splayed around her head and contrasting brilliantly against the white quilted squares beneath. Harry wasn't used to seeing beautiful girls laying out on mattresses like that, with their shirts rising up just enough so that he gets a glimpse of all that skin, so wonderfully bare and pale and- well, touchable looking.

He bets her skin is soft. Because girls always somehow are, like skimming fingers over delicate silk sheets. They smell nice too, like shampoo and lotion, and he thinks that if he were to curl up next to her she'd smell like vanilla. (he thinks about it, wonders if that would be like flirting or if she would be like 'what the hell is wrong with you what are you doing' so decides to stay seated)

And although he shouldn't be staring he is anyway. Very openly, actually.

And he rather enjoys it.

"Of course." she stated factually, "We're surrounded by mattresses, and customers never come in this late. What do you expect us to do?"

Harry could think of several things they could do. On several different mattresses. All of them involving tangled legs and bare skin and rumpled clothes laying scattered across the floor.

"We could play Monolopy." Harry stammered in a rush, before his mouth deceived him and spoke his true devious thoughts. "Or um- read a book."

"Like a two man book club, I suppose." she said, and her voice had this certain cadence to it. "How grand." She paused to look at him, like really look at him, not just the way people look at people but more like the way somebody living and breathing looked at someone doing the same. And she continued, "You're rather odd."

"I could say the same for you."

"Well, then we're going to get along splendidly."

(um sorry like what) (gonna start this soon) (still deciding her name so like feel free to suggest some) (enjoy)