Chapter 12: Doctor, Doctor

Chapter 12:

A/N: Okay, so previously I did the characters point of view, but now in doing the author from here unless said different.

It was the morning after her and Jude's fight. Callie pushed the blankets off of herself and got out of bed. She fixed her hair and went downstairs for breakfast. Jude was sitting on the opposite side of the table as her and gave her looks all morning. Callie had a horrible feeling at the pit of her stomach, that she and Jude would be in this fight for a very long while. This was the worst they had ever had as siblings.

"Okay, everyone listen up," Stef announced to her family after she poured herself some coffee.

"Now there was a family that we are very close to who has recently been in a car accident, The Jamieson's-" Before Stef could finish Mariana interrupted her.

"What? Is Gracie okay?" Mariana had become very close with the Jamieson's daughter, Gracie.

"Yes, honey everyone is fine. But, they all lost a lot of blood. So, later today after school Mom will pick you up and bring you to the clinic to give blood, if you wish. Now Jude, you are too young to give blood so if you want, we can drop you off at home and you'd be here alone for a while, or you can go over to Connor's. I can call his mom if you want." Stef explained to everyone. Jude jumped with excitement and agreed on the going to Connor's house option.

-----------After School------------

After school Callie and Mariana met up with Brandon and Jesus in the hallway and started to walk to Lena's office.

"Don't you think it's kind of weird giving your blood to other people?" Mariana smirked.

"Yeah it's kinda weird I guess." Callie said to join in on the awkward silence.

They entered Lena's office and waited for her to get her purse and bags. They all piled in the car and met Stef at the clinic. Callie was up first to get her blood drawn. She had never done it before, but she figured it was worth the risk.

After everyone had gotten their blood drawn, and Mariana complained how gross it was to see her blood in the little packet, they all went home and the moms started dinner.

They called down the kids for steak, pasta, and mixed veggies. In the middle of their meal the phone rang.

"Hello, Foster residence, Stef speaking?"

"Hi Stef this is doctor Fealen."

"Oh hello! Um, we were just eating dinner, could I call you back?"

"Well..well I've got some news. You see, we have to test the donor's blood before we can give it to a patient. We tested all your family's and everyone's blood was fine, except Callie's. We tested it and it looks like she possibly could have an HIV virus. Now, before you get concerned, it could be false. Sometimes it comes out positive the first time and after a few more tests, it's false. So I just wanted to let you know, so we can make an appointment for Callie to test again."

"Um-um thank you, yes we will call you back tomorrow around 2:30. Thank you." Stef hung up the phone still in awe. She brushed off want the doctor said so her family wouldn't question her.

"Callie could I talk to you upstairs for a moment?" Stef motioned Callie upstairs and she followed. She led Callie into her bedroom. She didn't know how to ask Callie if she had been, you know, active with anyone.

"So Callie, um, that was Dr. Fealen on the phone. She told me that we hen she was testing everyone's blood after the blood drive, that she found something in your blood. She said she might've found an HIV in your blood. She said I need to make another appointment for you to make sure it's actually positive. Callie have you been...you..know...sexually active with anyone?"

"No! Oh my god no! Why do you ask?" Callie was concerned why Stef was asking her about her sex life. She'd think Stef would know she'd never do anything like that.

Why was Stef asking about..that? This is was running through Callie's head over and over. But what she hadn't also had the answer to also, was her future which was a clear as mud.