17: Help & Hope

"Does your social worker," Callie drew in a deep breathe.

"Does he know?" Kalissa shook her head. Callie thought about how she could tell her. Kalissa needed to tell Stef and Lena. Then, she'll know she can trust them.

"Kalissa, you need to. They were the first people, other than Jude, that knew about me. I didn't trust them as much as first, but trust me, they won't hurt you." Kalissa's eyes shifted. Callie felt for the young girl in front of her. 7, seriously. That's worse than herself. Kalissa didn't even know what sex was.

"But then they'll tell Bill. And it'll go on my record."

"No-no, you were 7. And even with lack of evidence they'll believe you. They didn't believe me, but I was fifteen, they wouldn't've anyways." Callie look down. Her heart ached with the memories flooding back.

"Can-can I lay with you, please? I don't want to be alone." Callie nodded and pulled the blankets over her foster sister, hoping she'd gain the moms' trust, just as she did.

"Wait, how did you know I was exactly fifteen?"

"It's in your eyes."

------------------------------------------------

"Hey girls, it's time to-" Stef caught her breathe, and immediately smiled at the site before her. Callie's arm was wrapped around Kalissa, holding her close.

She tapped on the side of the bedroom door, and watched as her daughter's eyes fluttered open.

"Everyone getting ready. Breakfast in 15." Mariana made her way to the bathroom to straighten her hair, while Callie and Kalissa got dressed, and Callie braided Kalissa's hair.

"Today?" Callie looked into the young girl's eyes. They filled with fear, as she nodded her head.

They all eventually went downstairs for breakfast and ate Stef's famous pancakes and bacon. 25 minutes before they had to leave, Callie had Stef and Lena follow upstars, with Kalissa along her side.

"What's going on, loves?" The girls looked into each other's eyes. Callie reached and held onto Kalissa hand.

"Um, a couple of years ago, when I was 7, I was living with a family..and um they had an older son. He was I think 20, at the time, and he came home for the summer from collage. And he told me I wasn't his first foster sister, and of course being 7 I didn't know what that had anything to do with," Kalissa felt a tight squeeze from Callie, as her eyes welled with tears. Kalissa let go of Callie had and wrapped her arms around her waist, and started to cry. Callie then knelt down so she was face-to-face with the broken little girl. She whispered something into her ear, which Stef and Lena couldn't hear.

Stef's heart immediately split in two, as Lena's. This girl was 7 when it happened to her. Callie and B were both teenagers, and they knew what was happening, even if they couldn't stop it.

Callie looked directly into Stef's eyes and nodded. She knew that Stef had known what happened. Callie and Kalissa both went back downstairs after drying Kalissa's eyes and the family was out the door.

Lena and the kids arrived and school, and the day went smooth even with Stef and Lena's discussion on what to do.

"I called Bill and told him what happened. This man, a Jason Wats, still lives in San Diego." Lena heard her wife say through the phone. She could tell anger was in Stef's voice.

"Okay has Bill, um, has he pressed anything against this guy, or even contacted him?"

"He will contact him as soon as he can, later this afternoon he said, and he will contact us then after."