CH 10: Assumptions

Start from the beginning

He began pressing kisses over her face. "Darren," she whined, trying to shrug him off of her.

"Come here," he cooed, lifting her body so it laid directly on top of his. She instantly nuzzled her face into his neck. He kept her secure, wrapping his arms around her waist and pressed yet another kiss to her temple.

"You just love irritating me, don't you?"

"Not exactly," he teased. She sighed and pressed her face flush against his chest. "Now I can't sleep."

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not" she softly giggled.

"You're right, I'm not."

There was a period of silence where they just thought. Toni thinking about how tired she was and Darren thinking about...other things.

What Jeremy told him in the kitchen had him wondering how far his future would go with Toni. The way she held him and spoke to him was so gentle that they were like whispers over him.

"How do you think our kids would look?" he asked before he lost the nerve.

Yes, Toni was very surprised by his question and Darren felt it by how tense she got but she soon relaxed and pressed a kiss to his chest.

"I hope they look like you," she awed.

"Why? You're the one with the pretty eyes."

She lifted herself up and looked down at him. "What do you mean? You have nice eyes."

"They're brown," he blankly stated. "No," she said, rubbing a fingers down his cheek, "they're hazel."

"Of course, you know the exact color," he joked.

"You know, that was one of the first things I noticed about you," she said.

"Really?"

She nodded and went back to laying her head on his chest. "What else did you notice about me?" he smugly stated.

"How arrogant you were," she sassily replied.

He laughed and it rumbled against her ear.

 "If we ever have kids, they better not be like that."

"Hey, I'm not that bad and besides, they'll be just like you. I know it."

"I at least want them to look like you."

"What about this dimple of yours," he teased, poking at the part of her cheek were he knew a dent was.

She giggled and, sure enough, her dimple appeared. "Whatever, dimples aren't necessarily in your genes. Neither of my parents have dimples. My mom used to tell me that they come when you've been kissed by an angel."

"I heard it was from parents having sex when the mom is pregnant."

She slapped at his chest. "Darren!" "What?" he chuckled.

"You're gross. Way to make a peaceful thing into something down right dirty."

"Don't act like that couldn't have happened."

"Ew! I don't want to imagine my parents doing it," she shuddered at even saying it out loud. Now that she thought of it, her parents were never very physical. They didn't kiss much around her, they spoke sternly to one another, her dad at least.

"All parents did it, I'm sure, if they didn't we'd all be living in only-child homes."

***

It was Friday, the day of some lake party. Toni was determined to get her eyeliner perfect when she felt warm arms being wrapped around her waist.