The meaning of family

"Be careful Happy", Lucy called out.
"And you too, Natsu! Stop teaching Happy how to fly in the pool"!

"Aw, but it's fun Lucy".

"Aye", Happy exclaims happily.

Lucy just sighed as she leaned back in her lawn chair, relaxing in the hot sun.

Natsu decided to take a couple of days off work to bond with Happy and Lucy.

"Come swim with us Lucy"!

"No thanks. I'll stick with my sun and drink".

Before the girl could see, an evil smirk grew at the corners of his mouth. Creeping through the pool water, and climbing up the ladder, water dripping as he walked towards Lucy.

"Natsu, I swear if you-".
Wet arms grabbed her and pulled her up.

"N-Natsu"?!

"Come on Lucy! German duplex style"!

"Agh! Noooo"!

Next thing was impact of water. Happy was laughing his heart out to the sight. Natsu and Lucy rose from the water. Anger filled her eyes.

"Swim Natsu.. because I'm going to kill you"! Lucy started splashing and trying to drown Natsu as he kept escaping.

And for that whole moment, everything seemed perfect.

Then that ended.

"A party"?

Natsu nodded as he was in his office room with Lucy.

"Is the occasion about the adoption with Happy"?

"That's more of a personal party that I'd celebrate with my family and friends. This one is kind of for business. We throw a party at each other's homes and bring together other companies we are partnered with. Just something to get more companies on board".

"I see", she fixed a piece of her blonde hair. "Will I be helping Virgo out or keeping an eye on Happy"?

Natsu walked over, leaning on his desk in front of Lucy. "No, I want you to be my plus one".

"L-like a date"?

"Yeah", he said with the goofy smile she loves.

Her cheeks blushed.

A d-date!? Like a date?!
Her mind was screaming at her and her heart was pounding.

"N-Natsu, parties aren't really my thing".

"You didn't have a problem with the wedding".

"W-well.. it was friends. I felt more comfortable there".

Natsu leaned down taking her hand, giving it a light squeeze and rubbing it.
"Lucy, this is up to you. I can have you stay upstairs and you don't have to come out. And I won't let anyone come disrespecting your privacy".

She stood up, and looked into his eyes. "But I know you really want me to attend. So, I'll be strong for you. Maybe stay just for a short time then head to my room".

He smiled as he stood up, reaching his hand to her cheek. Her blush returned as she smiled.

"You know I like you Lucy. Even though you're not ready, I'll have you stay by my side the whole time. I'll protect you".

"And I'll make sure to tell you the answer to 2+2 if anyone asks", she joked. Natsu sighed dramatically and rolled his eyes.
"I already know it's 4. They just bring it up as a joke because I didn't know it till Jr. Collage".