Chapter 4

Later that day you went in for your scheduled appointment with the clown. You had your notes and a pen, it was the day for questions. Joker sat across the table with his shit eating grin, tapping his fingers on the metal. You sat down across from him.

  “I'm not in the mood for games, Joker.. Just answer my questions.” You said, looking up to him.

  “Fine, fine.” He mumbled.

  “First.. How did you end up where you are?” You asked, your pen ready to take notes. He chuckled.

  “Countless mass murders.. Bank robberies.. And things you really don't want to know.” Joker answered. You shook your head.

  “The first time we met you told me about your wife and child… but you never finished the story.” You explained, crossing one leg over the other.

  “Oh yes!.. How forgetful of me!”  paused, closing his eyes.

  “The man no longer needed nor wanted to rob the store… But the other two men forced him to… Once they were walking through Ace chemicals-.”

  “Ace Chemicals was the place?”

  “Yea, darling….. Anyway big old Batman came to stop them. The men told Bats that the other man was their ring leader, because they had given him a red hood.”

  “Red hood.” You repeated. Joker nodded and chuckled.

  “Yes, now Batman chased the man to a batch of chemicals… The man fell in and was dumped into an alley outside... And by that point.. He was very. Very..." Joker paused.

   "Disfigured.” He finished, opening his eyes. You finished writing and nodded, biting the end of your pen.

  “Why did you start it in first person and now finish it in third?” You asked.

  “Sometimes…. I remember things differently.” Joker answered. You nodded.

  “I have a question for yoooooou.” He chimed, clasping his hands together.

  “Shoot.” You replied.

  “Interesting choice of words… How did you end up where you are?” He asked. You thought for a moment.

  “My life wasn't some apple pie. Happy all the time lifestyle… I had it tough. And that gave me strength to succeed.” You explained.

  “What was your childhood like?” He asked, raising one green eyebrow.

  “My mom was on drugs during my early life… I was abused and by the age of two I had to take care of my little brother… I was adopted by my great grandfather and suffered from severe depression among other things
... Still do.” You told him, your eyes glued to the table.

  “How do your friends treat you?” Joker asked, staring at you.

  “Friends.. I don't have any of those anymore.”

  “Well, (Y/N).. I'll be your friend.”