Left Us Here To Die

Start from the beginning

"Let's call the police," Liam interrupts slowly sliding down agaisnt the wall to sit down as thunder began to roar louder. "Isn't that the smart thing to do? They could search for your mom, while we all go to the hospital. I'm kind of losing all of my blood here."

"Harry, please. Liam is dying here! We could call the police. The police could find her! I'm also dying too." Harry bends down in front of Liam and grabs his arm that has the knife stuck in it. Harry gently grabs the handle and pulls the knife straight out his arm, making Liam scream so loud that it knocked me to the ground, and when my head hits the ground all I remember was Louis scream. 

"Wake up! Wake up, Jennifer." I hear Harry crying, while shaking me. I open my eyes quick to see Harry and Liam was still sitting next to the kitchen door. "I think Liam is unconscious," Harry says still shaking me rapidly. 

"Okay, I'm awake!" He stops shaking me as soon as the basement door swung open. Harry and I quickly got up looking at the stairs that leads down into it. We slowly look back at Liam as he still is unconscious and then took a step towards the basement. "Mom has to be down there," Harry whispers as we still took out steps near the basement and when we finally reached there all we saw was fog that was at least on the seventh stair down. 

Harry walks in front of me down the stairs, while he held my hand. When we reached the the ground, we saw a flash light that was on the ground smashed. I quickly hold onto Harry as we took a look closer, then Harry found a light switch and it worked. 

"Mom? Is it you down here?" Harry asks leaving me right there next to the broken light. He searched around the tables while I notice a little shining light that was next to a box. Please don't be my phone, I thought. I stood there waiting for Harry to notice it, but after while it started to annoy me. 

"Harry, mom isn't here, let's go before something bad happens," I said slowly walking up the steps still looking back at him for safety.

"I guess you're right," Harry says walking towards me while tears go down his cheeks. Then he stops in the step below me. "I think mom is in her room."

"Harry we need to call the police. Liam is almost dead. I'm in pain and still trying to figure out why I'm not dying. They'll find her."

"Yeah find her dead!" 

"No they won't! She'll be safe and Liam would be good as new."

"Don't you get it? I want to find her alive. The last person we found just by leaving it alone was your dad and he died hating me! I don't want mom thinking that I don't want to find her. She'll hate me too. Maybe my biological father hates me too."

"That's not true."

"How do you know, Jen? How the h*ll you know? You weren't alive when dad left and almost my whole life I thought your dad was my real dad, but it turned out being a lie. I wonder if my dad is dead like yours."

The basement door slammed shut as the lights turned off. I felt Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door. He tried to open it but the door was locked. We both begin to cry while we both bang on the door calling Liam to open the door for us, but I bet he's dead right now or in dead sleep about to be dead. "Liam. Open the f*cking door!" I screamed. 

"Watch your mouth, Jennifer," Harry says.

"Really? Now you want to give me a lesson!" We both stopped banging on the door and all there was the sound of thunder. 

"Okay. Maybe tomorrow," Harry says. Then we continued. We banged on the door so much that the door started to make holes. "Liam! Liam! Liam! Open the door. Please wake up! Please!" Harry shouts. Then a sudden wind came from behind us that makes us shiver a bit. We both turned around to only seeing nothing.

"H-Harry, I'm so sorry. J, I'm also sorry." We heard a voice but couldn't make up who could it be. It wasn't mom, because the voice was deep and low. It wasn't Zayn and it definetely wasn't Louis. I stepped down, smiling for an unknown reason. All I saw was darkness. "Dad?" The word slipped out of my mouth before my brain could even think about it. 

It was my dad. The voice was as beautiful and soft like his and it made me happy to hear it again. "Dad is that you?" I asked again tripping over stuff. I finally came across where I felt clothing and then I looked up, still looking at darkness, but it made me happy. "Dad, I missed you," I said hugging him with tears. 

"Daddy loves you too," he says hugging me back and then dropping his hands faster than I expect. I turned around at where Harry should be at and told him to come down, but as soon as I heard him come down the lights came back on and I saw Harry frozed. He didn't seem happy as I thought he would be, so I turned around and saw my dad hunged by a rope.

Slowly blood writings appeared on the walls saying "Please Forgive Me Jen and Harry". I felt disgusted and my stomach dropped while my whole body dropped. I stare at my dad's face. His face looked like how it did before he dies. Beautifully pale and perfect with his eyes were closed as if he was dreaming. 

Harry walked angrily back to the door and smashed it opened as if it was nothing. I quickly regain myself and looked at my dad carefully as I still believe he's alive. "Are you coming?" Harry says.

"Yeah, just a second." I looked at him more as I stood up. I had a feeling that he was going to open his eyes and say "just kidding" but time flew and no response. Harry comes back down and grabs my arm almost twisting it, causing me to scratch him like I did to Liam but it was deeper. "Harry, I'm so sorry." He slowly back us looking at me terrified. I shook my head waiting for my eyes to open from this nightmare.

I wish this was a long dream. I wish I could wake up, still being nine and having a happy family with no troubles, but all it could be is a dream of the future. 

Harry finally walks in front of me blocking dad from my sight, with tears flowing down his cheeks onto the ground. "Please, let's go and find mom. Dad's dead!" 

That's when it get worse. I was expecting the lights going off again, but dad's hand went across his neck and began to strangle Harry. "Dad, you love Harry!" I yelled trying to let go of him but dad is twenty times stronger than me. I was able to scratch dad's hand, making his three middle fingers fall off and the blood bled out. 

Harry finally escaped. He grabbed my hand and we both ran up stairs. I took a glance back and my dad wasn't there anymore, but I heard footsteps walking behind us. 

We were out of the basement and came inside the living room. We could see better and the lightning came more often. "You wake up Liam and I'm going to go next door," Harry says.

"What about us finding mom?"

"I changed my mind. This house is haunted with a capital H..............like my name."

I rolled my eyes looking at the kitchen door were blood was on the floor and nothing else. "Harry?" I said. Harry stops while he still was twisting the door knob. "What?" 

"Liam's gone."