Chapter 17

~Oceans POV~

I knew he had seen me. His look became uneasy. He carried on with the song and finished remarkably.

The show went on for another hour or so, and it was drawing towards the end, he began inviting people up on stage for 'Kings and Queens' and that's when my heart stopped.

'Hey yea and you the pretty miss with the blue dress, come on get your ass up here!' Jared was calling me up on stage.

A bright stage light shone over where I was standing and I shyly walked, or should I say climbed on stage with help from a security guard.

I had to walk past all three of them to get to the end, first Shannon who had a surprised look on his face, his eyes followed mine until I broke them off. I started to pace I wanted to pass Jared as fast as I could, its not like I didn't like him it was the fact I was in love with him.

As I pushed on he grabbed my arm lightly and just stared at me. There was no attention on us as people where climbing on stage left and right, I lowered my head and carried on walking letting Jared lightly let go of my arm. Tomo was fidling with a guitar, I'm pretty sure he was slowly starting on an intro to the song, I was drawing close to him when he gave a sweet smile to me. Tomo was like that, you didn't have to hear a word from him to know he was just a lovely person.

I joined a long line of crazzy fans, some had painted triads on their faces and obcene clothes, but they rocked, I always thought the echelon was crazy as fuck but in a good way.

The song started and everyone raised there arms and began singing (mostly shouting) this was my favourite song on the album. Shannon was rocking the crap out of the drums, while Tomo was jumping around with his guitar, while Jared was standing on the edge of one of the platforms jumping in time with the crowd.

I was close to the stairs that led backstage I wanted to go, it was too much. I looked down at my VIP pass and knew I was gonna do it.

I creeped out behind the curtains and began walking down the stairs. I don't know why, but I turned to see Jared, for the last time. He must of known I was looking as he caught my gase.

~Jareds POV~

I was singing the last few lines of the song, the crowd was raging and Shannon and Tomo were really going for it.

I wanted to see Ocean, I wanted her to somehow know I was singing for her.

I turned my head slightly and saw her leaving, heading down the backstage stairs.

It hurt.

I caught her sight, she looked distressed and sad.

A lump caught in my throat and I was on the last powerful line. I guess the tears in my eyes weren't noticeable.

I was chocking up.

I let the crowd roar at the end, and impationately waited for Shannon and Tomo to come and help Me finish and say bye yadda yadda. I loved the Echelon so much, but I needed to catch Ocean.

But she was gone.