Chapter 1

Alarms going off again. And I really thought today was Sunday. Should teach me not to drink so much the night before. I lie there and calculate how much time I had to get ready, and what happened last night. I look around and judging by the wine bottles, I had one to many.

I shake my head and throw myself out of bed looking for my work clothes. I slipped on my pencil skirt and made sure it fell below my knees, My plain short sleeved shirt that I tucked into my skirt, and my slik black blazer. I had a small frame, a tiny waist but curvy, I always thought I looked like a stupid school girl wearing theese.

I dragged myself to the bathroom and pulled out my makeup bag, I washed my face and brushed my teeth and put a few layers of mascara on and a little flick of eyeliner at the ends of my eyes, I also put on my red lipstick and a little bit of foundation. I pulled my red shoulder length hair into a tight bun, before I thought I needed to leave.

I lived on my own in an apartment in New York I spent half my life there and the other half at work. Work was only a train ride away. My job was to investigate things for the New York Times, So I had a pretty big order to fill.

I arived on time trying to avoid Tom, my boss. Lately he'd been getting to close for comfort always around me, it was uncomfortable. He was 43. With bad hairline and B.O.

I finally got to my stack filled desk and sat down and started finishing up about the Pub Fire yesterday.

Daisy popped her head round to see me. Daisy was my best friend and probably one of my only. She had piercing blonde hair and Brown eyes I was jealous of. Mine were blue. She was the office beauty. The boys wanted her but she already had a boyfriend.

"Finished yet?" she whispered

"Almost, I'm on the last collum." I whispered back, we had to keep quite, Tom didn't like noice in the office.

"Hey, did Tom leave me any more work? I haven't been giving anything else to do after this."

"No, he hasn't left any for me-

Daisy was cut of by Tom.

"Ocean, I have an assignment fot you." He was walking over. "Please, step into my office."

I looked at Daisy who gave a confused look back, then I went into his office.

"Well Ocean, you look nice today."

Oh god he's creeping again.

"Thanks, Tom. What is it you wanted."

"I have a job for you." He threw some paper work about a band called 30 Seconds To Mars in front of me.

"This band have announced a world tour, and they aren't like any other band I've heard of before. They have secrects and I wanna know what they are."

I stared at him for a momment this werent like what I normally did, but I was up for the challenge.

"Their first stop in in L.A and they will be preparing there for a few weeks, I want you to fly out there and meet them, I have arranged flights and a hotel, and the band are aware a reporter in coming to see them."

He threw some flight tickets in front of me and a hotell booking list. It then caught me eye. My flight leaves tomorrow!

"Tom you expect me to be ready by tomorrow!?"

"Yes." He laughed. "You can also leave now and I expect a decent finished piece in 3 weeks."

I left his office and Daisy toddled over.

"So!" She squealed.

"Well, I'm leaving for L.A in 20 hours to check out a bad I've never heard of.

"Why do you always get the better jobs.." she sounded bitter.

"Because Tom is a creep and he's up to something..."

"Well, I've got to get back to work, message me as soon as you get there I want details ok!" she sounded way more excited then I was.

I agreed then left and caught the train home.