Chapter Nine- Giving In

Jamie’s POV

I hadn’t slept well last night because my pillow had left. Every night Louis was there I would lean on his formed chest and doze off, he was my pillow.

I woke with a roaring headache and an aching neck.  I remembered I was testing the bricks before I dozed off, so I continued to push them in and out.

I had just pulled one back in when I heard the door opening, I laid down and pretended to be asleep. Someone cleared their throat. I looked up and saw a tall man standing there staring at me.

‘Jamie?’ he said in a deep voice.

‘Yes?’

‘Mother would like to see you, but before you go Louis told me to say that you um…. Go along with it….’

‘What’s that suppose to mean?’

‘Ahh, not sure.’ He said moving away and gesturing for me to follow. Like every over day we walked and walked through hallways and closed doors until we got to the same therapy room. I was getting sick of this crap! I mean seriously i couldn’t care less about this cult nonsense. I am seriously losing it, the only thing that was keeping me sain was Louis and god knows what they’ve done to him.

I pushed the door open and stepped inside, mother was sitting at her desk with a dim smile on her face. I walked over to the seat and sat down while giving her a deathly glare.

‘Jamie, please don’t be mad at me, I just want to help you, please just take my offer and this can all be much easier.’

Louis’s words came to my mind, maybe that’s what he meant go along with her stupidity.

‘I understand what’s your offer.’ I said trying not to choke on my words.

‘That you accept the way things run here and learn to run with it.’

I almost chuckled when I said it but I did. ‘Ok, I will.’

‘Good, now please, if I trust you outside with the rest of my children, I expect you to respect my teachings and not try and disobey me. Is that understood?’

I nodded at her and she got up from her seat and walked over to my chair. She was holding something red in her other hand but I couldn’t see what it was.

‘Now Jamie if you disobey me again….’ She said, then bring a red lighter up to my cheek. It lit up and she held the flame to my skin, the burning pain was sinking into my skin. ‘I will see to it your whole face is burnt like this.’

I screamed out in pain and she let the flame out and walked away, amused. The tall man rushed to my side and aided me with walking. I closed my eyes as tears rushed down my cheeks. He supported me while walking and directed me towards a room with a first aid sign on it.

As he pushed the door open with his foot, a few other people rushed to my side to help with the pain. At least I knew that not everyone had a cruel heart like mother did. They sprayed it and creamed it and bandaged my face up. I didn’t want to see the damage done, judging by the pain I reckon that it was a second degree burn.

I closed my eyes as the pain faded away and fell into a strong and deep sleep on a proper hospital bed.

Dan’s POV

I woke after forcing myself to fall asleep, my heart pleaded no but my mind wouldn’t listen, it was like it shutdown.

I woke up with Rachel by my side, she was just staring at me. I could tell by her red soggy eyes that something was wrong.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked

Rachel started sobbing uncontrollably, she opened her mouth to speak but she coundn’t get the word through. I hugged her and got up and walked downstairs to my kitchen. MY mum was sitting by the phone with the tissue box near by.

‘Mum?’ I asked, walking up to her. She turned and hugged me as I stepped in closer. ‘Whats happened.’

‘My baby boy, there’s good and bad news.’

‘Good first.’ I said. My mind was totally focused on my mums next few words, my whole train of thought had stopped and concentrated on her.

‘They received a 911 online message, which was anonymous, saying that Jamie had been abducted into a cult but not sure of the where about. They haven’t yet been able to track down the computer sent from but they were also told in the message that it was near a rainforest so the police have been searching there.’

I hadn’t had time to think I grabbed my runners and keys and ran to my car parked out the front. I drove to the nearest rainforest I knew. The state forest. It took me almost all morning to drive there but I did. As soon as I pulled up I practically jumped out of the moving vechical and ran into the forest.

‘JAMIE!’ I yelled over and over. I tripped over onto the ground. I heard some thunder above me, and the rain started to pour down. The rain poured down with my tears. I laid there, in a thunderstorm, crying for the girl who i spent my life with. I was never a religious person but at that moment in time I almost gave up hope in finding her, I thought about turning to gods will and praying to St Christopher, but I could barely move. I was frozen laying down on a muddy surface just laying there looking for a sign from anybody.

‘SEND ME A SIGN, THAT I CLOSE TO FINDING HER.’

I said in between sobs, I was a man, but I felt like a little weak boy who couldn’t even have the strength to find Jamie.

‘Just send me a sign…’ I whispered

I laid there watching the rain fall down and the thunder store continue but not a single sign. I began to think I was crazy but that soon past as I just felt great sadness and shame in myself.