Chapter Four- Mother

I opened my eyes, and I was in a white room. There were mirrors for the walls and white tiles for the floors. It was only a small room, like a bathroom and it had the awful smell to disinfectant in it. I looked at myself in the mirror, I was wearing one of those strait jackets with a purple jumpsuit underneath. My hair was in a tight back bun, with only a few strands of my blonde hair fallen out. I was sitting on a metal chair. I went to stand but the chair came with me.  The door was also mirror but it had a little window that was covered by a hatch.  As I stared at the hatch it opened up and I saw a pair of cold, heartless eyes. The door was unlocked and it opened slowly.

A woman came in dressed in a sharp red tight dress, her black boot heels were tapping on the tiled floor.

‘Jamie, good to see you’ve woken up.’ She said in a low but had a slight Irish accent to it.

‘Who are you, and where am I?’  I asked but suddenly the event of last night reoccurred to me and I started to fell dizzy.

‘Get her out of the jacket.’ She turned and yelled at someone standing outside. I small girl ran in, her hair was very greasy and she had stains all over her body. She was just skin and bones and the only clothing was little rags. She came and stood behind me and undid the jacket and untied me from the chair. I stayed seated though.

‘Now Jamie, this is Beth, say hi Beth.’ Said the woman, who still hadn’t answered my question.

‘Hi.’ She said in a small and sad voice, that broke my heart to hear.

‘Run along, Beth.’

I sat in the metal chair and watch the woman, she circled around me giving me a chance to make a run for the door, I stayed though because I had a gut feeling that it was dangerous outside.

The woman all of a sudden started cackling like a witch.

‘Smart girl Jamie, now this will be your first lesson, so listen up and I hope you learn quick.’ ‘I am mother, not just your mother, everybody’s mother. I am the God of the world, what I say goes and nothing else but it.’

I thought she was joking, she is clearly not god the crazy old woman she need top be in a strait jacket.

‘You saw little Beth before, how poor and un looked after she looked. Well she decided that she didn’t believe in God and that I was just a crazy nutter.’ She said laughing. ‘Well we can all see what happened to her, I have disbanded her as my child and she is now my slave, feel free to speak up now if you want to be my slave.’ She said smiling.

I didn’t move I just starred at her.

‘SPEAK!’ she screamed

‘HELP!’ I yelled

‘Oh shut up, like anybody can hear you from in here.’ She walked right up to me and traced her long red fingernails along my cheek.