when last we meet

Beginne am Anfang

Emeth just growled in response. > Ahh, you are angry, I kept you both apart, yet again.< the commander groaned as he figured out Emeth's irritation. >Take comfort in the knowledge she will recover from my loss, with your help. She would never have recovered from your death, had that fate been so. Go to her, guide her, protect her, and live, brother. Live a life full of glorious victories, and endless honor. < the Keepers imaged faded into darkness than in an instant Emeth was awake again.

The Wraith shook his head and opened his eyes to see the sleeping Huntress still in her bed, he let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair. Emeth had never wanted a command of his own, that's why he had severed the Keeper for so long and was so trusted. Until he witnessed a human female kill a Wraith queen in defense of his life, he had never even thought about it. Suddenly it was all he could think of, he was in command. He was now expected to not only make the decisions he had always looked to the Keeper for but also to serve the need's of his Queen, all while protecting the Hive. The responsibilities of a Hive commander weighed heavily on him, as he stared at the sleeping human.

"How can I go to her now? Knowing her pain is so great, even I couldn't bear to turn her away." Emeth whispered into the empty room, but there was no answer. The Wraith sat wallowing in his own frustrations until the huntress began to stir.

******************* ( hell hath no fury... )******************

When Emeth saw the Huntress move for the first time since Conclave it was unlike anything he had ever sensed from her, she felt cold and hollow. She completely ignored his presence in the room, she just sat up suddenly then got out of bed. Once she was on her feet she walked over to the door and opened it.

"Huntress?" Emeth questioned her, but she continued to ignore him as she left the room. Emeth would question her again ever few halls, as he followed her closely through the outpost. When he finally realized where she was going he tried to move in front of her.

"Huntress, you do not need to see this again." Emeth said calmly as he tried to stop her from returning to Conclave.

>KNEEL< the command from the Huntress mind was nothing but unbridled rage, and Emeth was on his knee's before he could hiss another breath. She held him there until after she entered the large room, they referred to as Conclave. She didn't have her mask on, she didn't need it, Emeth was behind her in the door way, there was several Wraith off to one side tending to several more wounded. In the middle of the floor was his smell, her keeper, they had not moved him yet. The Huntress could not see him or even feel him apart from within herself but she was able to make her way to his corpse.

The Huntress stepped over him and leaned down to touch his face. She gasped when she felt wrinkles, Wraith did not age, not like that, unless they had been feed off. What lied on the floor beneath her was nothing more than a mere shell, and it boiled every emotion within her. Emeth slowly moved closer to her but just as he got within 10 feet of her, the Huntress let out a howl that shook the very outpost around them.

The very ground beneath their feet shook, and the Huntress' howl was matched by the tones of the outposts horns. Every Wraith, hissed in pain when they heard it. Something snapped inside the Huntress, like a twig, and they all felt it. Wraith were actually a very emotional race, they allowed emotions like pride and vengeance to guide them, and they felt passions far more intense than any human. Emeth stared at the Huntress as every wall in her broken at the same time, it was an unfiltered wave of emotion, not just one emotion, but all of them, at once.

When it was finally over, the door's did not close, it was not a sentential that sounded the horn, it was the Huntress. Her mental pressure alone was strong enough to not only shake the very ground they stood on but also connect with the organic outpost around them long enough to roar through it. As her unbridled emotions rang through everything around them, the other Wraith sire's started appearing in the doorway to Conclave.