when last we meet

Emeth placed the Huntress on the bed of her quarters in the outpost and set two of the other Wraith as guards in the hall. He sent another to learn anything he could of the Hive and its crew. The last he sent back to the other's, he needed to know how many were incapacitated, should they need to fight again. Emeth only had a few moments to organize his own thoughts before another Wraith knocked at the door. Without a second in command all the mundane questions and comments from any Wraith fell to him, this quickly annoyed him.

"Until someone can bring me something useful, do not open this door again!" he shouted and locked the door to the Huntress quarters. When he turned to look back at her she was still unconscious, and he sighed out of exhaustion. He placed himself close to the Huntress side and tried to allow his mind to rest.

Emeth felt cold, it was strange, he thought. When he heard something impossible.

>What is this?< Emeth called out, as a figure appeared in the darkness around him, it was his commander, the Keeper. Everything was still dark and cold but in front of him stood the image of his commander and it confused him.

>Do not look so surprised. I told you, I am never far from her side.< the commander reached an arm out and turned Emeth around. When the Wraith spun around he could see the image of the Huntress laying on what looked like a sheet of ice, surrounded by darkness. Emeth tried to move closer to her but his commander stopped him. >Let her rest< he whispered.

>This is her mind?< Emeth questioned.

>Yes.< the Keeper answered as he stepped back in front of Emeth. >She needs you now, more than she ever has. < he whispered.

>They called her Nec'kre'vana. What have you done?< the smaller Wraith questioned his commander.

>When I bonded with her as Oncar, I knew I could not keep you from her side, either.< the commander whispered.

>You think I have betrayed her, as you did?< Emeth spat irritatedly.

>I have never doubted your loyalty to her or me. If I had, I would never have allowed you to remain at her side.< the Keeper laughed.

>This is an illusion. You are a mere remnant of my true commander.< Emeth grumbled.

> It is true, as my essence fades from her, so will I. All that I was, is now within her, my knowledge, my memories, my very soul. That will all fade with time, but I will never leave her.< the Keeper calmly stated.

> She does not belong to you. Can you not feel her call for him? < Emeth growled.

>She reminded me what it felt like to be Parvana, again. As you will learn, in time. < the commander responded but Emeth only answered him with another growl. > There is no point in denying it here, you could only sense me if you were fully bonded with her. < the commander purred.

> What is the point of this, illusion? < Emeth asked.

>She needs your guidance now. You must teach her how to sort out our thought's, our mergence is driving her to madness, that's why she is here. In the cold and dark, at the edge of her bond with the elder, its the only place she can find rest.< the Keeper purred.

> You have poisoned her mind.<Emeth spat back at him.

>It was the only way to reach her, the Matriarch she...< the commander couldn't finish his statement. When he had sensed the Huntress in that moment during Conclave, she was dead, it was the mere fragments of her bond's, that kept her body alive. He was faced with an impossible decision, let them all die, or sacrifice his own life, to restore her's. The commander did not wish to speak of it.